Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Photoshop Request - Aftermarket Wheels on M3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thought it would be a good idea to start a photoshop thread of aftermarket wheels on the Model 3.

Attached all of the good photos of the car with a side view I could find.

Interested to see what the Vossen LC-106t wheel looks like photoshopped.

Attachments

• black_1.jpg
    black_1.jpg
    268 KB · Views: 156
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    555.7 KB · Views: 135
  • 2016-03-31 (5).jpg
    2016-03-31 (5).jpg
    267.6 KB · Views: 149
  • scenic_mountain_1.png
    scenic_mountain_1.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 132
  • silver_1.jpg
    silver_1.jpg
    365.7 KB · Views: 126
  • silver_3.jpg
    silver_3.jpg
    321.5 KB · Views: 130
  • Screen Shot 2016-04-10 at 6.46.50 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-04-10 at 6.46.50 PM.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 137
Realize guys and gals that putting on aftermarket wheels/tires is likely to impact your EV range in a negative way, perhaps by 10% to 20%. Been there and done that on my Prius plug-in. The aftermarket wheels look great (and so do the factory wheels), but I am going to stick with the factory wheels to insure I get the advertised range. If range is not important to you, by all means go with the aftermarket option.

Reactions: CarlitoDoc
For wheels it's about weigh for efficiency. There are aftermarket wheels that I assume would be lighter Han the stock wheels, but of course you'll be paying a lot.
Actually, it is more than just weight, - it is wheel design (a closed design is more aerodynamic than the open spoke design), amount of offset (the more the wheel sits closer to the outside of the fender, the more turbulence) and rolling resistance of the tire (some of the Michelin tires are best).

You put some of those deep dish 20" to 22" wheels on a T3 with rubber band tires, you will pay a severe penalty in range. The guys over at Prius Chat have all of this dialed in. Maybe range isn't important to you, then go for the extreme look like some owners do on their Prii.