Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Photosync installer in Florida

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I spoke to the same installer in Boca, as you know he said he does not have a large enough piece for the front windshield. I am wondering if those who have had photosync installed, had a large enough piece, or did they have only part of the windshield treated?

I and others have they seem nice and knowledgeable, but they don't have a piece but enough for MX windshield

My only assumption here is they possibly do not know that Photosync comes in a larger format. As a matter of fact, many manufactures do not produce film in that size due to windshield being so large., but Prestige Film Technologies does (manufacturer of Photosync and Ceraluxe). I would say give them a call again and let them know that it is available and others have had it done.

My only assumption here is they possibly do not know that Photosync comes in a larger format. As a matter of fact, many manufactures do not produce film in that size due to windshield being so large., but Prestige Film Technologies does (manufacturer of Photosync and Ceraluxe). I would say give them a call again and let them know that it is available and others have had it done.

I talked to them again and they basically told me they are afraid of doing it on a windshield that large. So it will be a matter of just taking the risk , I hope sooner than later cause miami is hot right now and my double vision is amazing aswell :rolleyes:

Reactions: Cowby
Autosupershield out of Boca Raton is. Photosync dealer. Give them a ring.

Auto Supershield in Boca Raton, FL seems to have an excellent reputation. In my brief search on a few different forums, I have found an almost overwhelming number of postive reviews and recommendations for this business.

I want to have Xpel applied as well as a decent tint. Auto Supershield suggested Photosync. They said this is the tint that doctors recommend for their patients - basically, it's the highest quality tint available. Apparently, 80% to 90% of all Tesla owners opt for this tint at their shop.

The one draw back is the price. The Xpel will cost more than the Enhanced Autopilot and the Photosync is going to be nearly 4 times the cost of my last tint job.

The quality and cost of the material is one thing, however in my search, the knowledge, experience and quality of the installers is something else entirely. In the case of Xpel and tint, going with a professional company with a superb reputation like Auto Supershield is likely worth the extra premium.

Thoughts? Advice? Recommendations? Thank you.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: Cowby
Auto Supershield in Boca Raton, FL seems to have an excellent reputation. In my brief search on a few different forums, I have found an almost overwhelming number of postive reviews and recommendations for this business.

I want to have Xpel applied as well as a decent tint. Auto Supershield suggested Photosync. They said this is the tint that doctors recommend for their patients - basically, it's the highest quality tint available. Apparently, 80% to 90% of all Tesla owners opt for this tint at their shop.

The one draw back is the price. The Xpel will cost more than the Enhanced Autopilot and the Photosync is going to be nearly 4 times the cost of my last tint job.

The quality and cost of the material is one thing, however in my search, the knowledge, experience and quality of the installers is something else entirely. In the case of Xpel and tint, going with a professional company with a superb reputation like Auto Supershield is likely worth the extra premium.

Thoughts? Advice? Recommendations? Thank you.

That is correct. PhotoSync is currently the highest heat rejecting window film on the market and it's technology does not come cheap. However, if you research this film especially on this forum, you will notice that many Tesla owners opt for it. Here is a video we just made on a Model S with Spectra PhotoSync 55 on the side windows and 75 on the windshield. This is an actual test with EDTM's top of the line Spectrum Analyzer that measures how much infrared radiation (heat) gets past the film. This unit is especially noteworthy because it is the only portable system that uses patented optics that will show the product's performance to NFRC300 specifications.

The video shows that from 900-1000nm, the film blocks out 98% of IR (infrared radiation) and at 1700nm it rejects a record 95%. Most traditional dyed tint will only get 30%-50%. Ceramic tints will get 80%-85%.

That is correct. PhotoSync is currently the highest heat rejecting window film on the market and it's technology does not come cheap. However, if you research this film especially on this forum, you will notice that many Tesla owners opt for it. Here is a video we just made on a Model S with Spectra PhotoSync 55 on the side windows and 75 on the windshield. This is an actual test with EDTM's top of the line Spectrum Analyzer that measures how much infrared radiation (heat) gets past the film. This unit is especially noteworthy because it is the only portable system that uses patented optics that will show the product's performance to NFRC300 specifications.

The video shows that from 900-1000nm, the film blocks out 98% of IR (infrared radiation) and at 1700nm it rejects a record 95%. Most traditional dyed tint will only get 30%-50%. Ceramic tints will get 80%-85%.

Thank you for this information. I have decided to have this product applied to my vehicle. Although the numbers mentioned in your comment would not fly in S. Florida. I would like to go dark, however I advised the shop to keep it "legal". This product is too expensive to get another ticket for tint that exceeds the state's limit.