Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Physical key not recognized after first setup

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi!

New MYP owner here. I initially setup the car using what was designated as my key card and my wife used the other card to setup her profile. I had driven the car the following day and a few minutes in to the trip the car said, “no key found, driving not permitted after the car is stopped or put in park” or something to that affect. Once I parked the car, it did indeed lock me out. So I pulled out my physical key card thinking I could place it under the cup holder area and the car would be operable again. Nope. It would not recognize my physical key. I opened my app and it connected and the car was working again. Very odd.

Has anyone had issues with a physical key card not working after initial setup? My wife’s key works fine still and the car recognizes it. We can add profiles and link everything up with it, but the other card is dead in the water.

Hi!

New MYP owner here. I initially setup the car using what was designated as my key card and my wife used the other card to setup her profile. I had driven the car the following day and a few minutes in to the trip the car said, “no key found, driving not permitted after the car is stopped or put in park” or something to that affect. Once I parked the car, it did indeed lock me out. So I pulled out my physical key card thinking I could place it under the cup holder area and the car would be operable again. Nope. It would not recognize my physical key. I opened my app and it connected and the car was working again. Very odd.

Has anyone had issues with a physical key card not working after initial setup? My wife’s key works fine still and the car recognizes it. We can add profiles and link everything up with it, but the other card is dead in the water.
Was the other card from your previous Tesla. Mine did the same thing on the extra cards I bought for my model y long range that I traded in for our 2022 performance

Upvote 0