Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PIAA Si-Tech Wipers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

avs007

May 14, 2021
PacNW
I don't know if PIAA updated the adapters, or if the place I bought them from (Cravenspeed) modified them already, but the PIAA Si-Tech wipers I just received fit the Model Y out of the box, without requiring me to modify the "B" adapter. The adapter it came with only had one wing, instead of two, so it fit perfectly out of the box. I assume PIAA updated the adapters, as the adapters looked like only one wing was molded instead of two with one cut off... Plus the place I bought them from, was a few bucks cheaper than Amazon.

Just received and attempted to change the wipers on my 2020 MYP. The blades were the PIAA SI-Tech. Adapter “B” has not been updated by PIAA… luckily enough it was easy to remove the plastic nub blocking the install. Supposed to rain this afternoon here in Portland and I’m going to take a ride purposely to test out the wipers!

Your windows probably had dirt embedded in it, that got smeared around with the prep stuff. Try using a clay bar on your windows. Otherwise, try cleaning your windows with a glass cleaner. I like Invisible Glass Clean & Repel. You also could probably have a film on the inside of your windshield. I have to clean the inside of my windshield pretty frequently to prevent that haze in the sun.

I just received these wiper blades (26", 20") and both are going back to Amazon. The 26" blade fits fine with the two-piece adapter, but skips and stutters across my windshield after one wetted wipe. The 20" blade is too tall when installed and doesn't tuck back under the trailing edge of the hood.

I just received these wiper blades (26", 20") and both are going back to Amazon. The 26" blade fits fine with the two-piece adapter, but skips and stutters across my windshield after one wetted wipe. The 20" blade is too tall when installed and doesn't tuck back under the trailing edge of the hood.
Did you clean your windshield first? Not sure about your passenger blade tho...

The blade is probably stuttering because you waxed your windshield. May want to strip the wax off and try again.
The original OEM blade is back on and doesn't stutter at all, even dry. I'm returning both PIAA Si-Tech blades to Amazon due to both of their issues unfortunately.

My next wiper stop is the Bosch Clear Advantage option. Its mounting height looks to be pretty close to OEM. Sadly its not a silicone blade but just plain rubber.

The original OEM blade is back on and doesn't stutter at all, even dry. I'm returning both PIAA Si-Tech blades to Amazon due to both of their issues unfortunately.

My next wiper stop is the Bosch Clear Advantage option. Its mounting height looks to be pretty close to OEM. Sadly its not a silicone blade but just plain rubber.
What kind of wax did you use? Just curious. I found that if I used a wax based water repellent like Rain-X, or plain wax, the PIAA blades would get a residue buildup on it, that would cause streaking. That's why I like non-wax based water repellent like invisible glass.

But anyways, I'd be curious how the Clear Advantage perform... I originally switched to PIAA from Bosch Icons, because those blades always seems to chatter/streak on every car I've put them on after a few weeks. Hopefully the Clear Advantage are better than the icons.

I've had similar issues with my Model 3. The stuttering was really bad and would scare you cause it was so random and loud. I worked with Cravenspeed and they were super nice but I could never get them to work. Even tried to bend my wiper arm a bit to see if that'd make the wiper blade more perpendicular which didn't help

What kind of wax did you use? Just curious. I found that if I used a wax based water repellent like Rain-X, or plain wax, the PIAA blades would get a residue buildup on it, that would cause streaking. That's why I like non-wax based water repellent like invisible glass.
Meguiar's Gold Class paste wax. I let it sit for about 20 minutes to dry and harden before wiping off the windshield