Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PIAA ugraded horn?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone upgraded on their previous vehicles to the PIAA horn?

piaa horn - Google Search

I've heard these on motorcycles and they make a HUGE difference and curious which frequency would be the best for the Roadster.

I think this is a good way to go for preventive measures since the Roadster is low and quiet, being loud and heard is always a good thing for safety!

Let me know what you think.

I was also thinking of upgrading the horn on my 1.5....I am planning to use the Griot's garage compact italian air-horn (the red one).

http://www.griotsgarage.com/product/compact+italian+air+horns.do?sortby=ourPicks

Compared to the PIAA horns, the griot's garage horn is a bit higher pitched and sounds like a Ferrari air horns (like on my 456). Can anyone give details on the 1.5's factory horn location and how to access it for replacement? Thanks in advance...

To me the horn is not much of a problem as people can hear it just fine. But the buttons off to the side and not in the normal center of the wheel is the issue. When someone backed into me I found I was hitting the center of the air bag which did not work very well. Fortunately the damage was light <$500.

I hear you on the horn location on the steering wheel, looked up similar threads on hear and its funny what people said. I think Doug indicated that if the horn was where the airbag was and you got in an accident that you'd punch yourself if you where honking at the person who pulled in front of you! Never thought of that... Also like VFX said I usually hit the horn by accident when making turns and people look at you like what did I do!?!?

As for horns I always like loud horns and its when the person next to you is drifting over towards you that a loud horn is worth its money. The Italian Air horn sounds really good, I played the mp3 for it. Its very high pitch with has a freight train sound to it. The higher pitch is good since that can penetrate through the other vehicle and travel better than the lower frequencies.

I'm looking at the Lotus Elise horn swaps, no good pics on the swap really. If I find something useful I'll post.