Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Piano Black center console cleaning and protection treatment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know many folks like to wrap their center console. I may wrap mine someday after I get tired of its current look, but for now I like it.

I has read in several forums that Duragloss 951 Automotive Aquawax is a good product for the exterior paint after a wash -- and it is! But I decided to try it on a few other surfaces. I tried it on the Aluminum header that runs across the dash (on M3s with white interiors) and while it felt smoother, I could not see a difference. Then I tried it on the piano black center console and WOW, it really works wonders.

View media item 121185
Time will tell if it helps with the fingerprint problem that many folks are frustrated by.

I know many folks like to wrap their center console. I may wrap mine someday after I get tired of its current look, but for now I like it.

I has read in several forums that Duragloss 951 Automotive Aquawax is a good product for the exterior paint after a wash -- and it is! But I decided to try it on a few other surfaces. I tried it on the Aluminum header that runs across the dash (on M3s with white interiors) and while it felt smoother, I could not see a difference. Then I tried it on the piano black center console and WOW, it really works wonders.

View media item 121185
Time will tell if it helps with the fingerprint problem that many folks are frustrated by.

I also like the look of the piano black so I had it wrapped with clear Expel. This stuff works well. I had one shop blow dry it to remove the scuff marks and it looks like new. I had mine installed in 2018 and it still looks good.

I had to remove some vinyl gunk and rubbing alcohol made it look like new with little effort. I personally use the cheap vinyl stickers. My current setup.
70FB5C6A-C00D-4FB2-85B1-16A65155B2ED.jpeg

Reactions: lUtriaNt