Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Piano black decor

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

No ICE

2016 S75D pearl AP1, & 2014 silver S85 AP1
Apr 10, 2016
Kansas City
I am looking at a cpo that has this trim. I know it's not offered anymore. So I can not see it in person. How has it held up for you owners that have it? Do you still like it? Does it scratch easily? Just looking for some feed back. Thanks in advance.

I had it in my loaner a couple of months ago and I found it a very boring trim compared to my obeche wood trim. I know it sounds like a minor detail, but you literally stare at it all of the time in the car. It's personal taste, but I too wasn't a fan.

I've had mine for 2 years and haven't gotten any scratches. I will say it is a 'clean' trim which some people may interpret as boring. And those people would have a point...

But, it hasn't bothered me. If anything, it's minimalist and I'm fine with that.

• Love
Reactions: mbhforum
I had them wrapped with ClearGuard Nano and they are holding up beautifully.... we don't have to worry about them at all. Cost $290 each at Premier in Fremont. I am guessing XPEL would probably be 20%-30% cheaper than ClearGuard.

I have piano black, 2 years, no scratches. I do baby my car though.
At the time I bought my car, the interior trims kinda sucked. Actually they still do.
Piano black was the only interior I liked. I still like it. Some guy recently offered to cover it in carbon fiber wrap for 200 bucks, and I said no.

Reactions: KidDoc
3 years 56k miles love my piano black. I think the fake wood stuff is crazy in such a modern/futuristic car. No scratches on mine but I also clean it nearly weekly by hand.

If you want let me know I can use the phone and take pictures if interested. I literally would pick this if available on a new build I just love it.

I actually just purchased the carbon trim overlay from evannex and love it. The scratches I had were all very fine and probably not noticeable to passenger but seeing it everyday once the light hit it was annoying.

Could you share a link for the carbon fiber trim overlay?

I like my piano trim after 1 year but would like to change it up a little as it gets boring after a while.

Here you go.

Accent-I: Interior Appliqué Dash Kit for Tesla Model S

Evannex has discontinued this so you won't find it by shopping through their site. Reach out to them to double check that they have what you want. I really really tempted to go with the greywood but think the Carbon Fiber is great. I also purchased a Carbon overlay for the sideskirts since I have the prefacelift ones that are not painted to match the car.

3 years 56k miles love my piano black. I think the fake wood stuff is crazy in such a modern/futuristic car. No scratches on mine but I also clean it nearly weekly by hand.

If you want let me know I can use the phone and take pictures if interested. I literally would pick this if available on a new build I just love it.
The wood isn't fake in my car (late 2016), may depend on which year it is though. I've got the figured Ash.

Four years old. No scratches or problems with the Piano trim. Actually, I really like it.
Out of curiosity - what color seats and headliner do you have?

I had a loaner from the dealership that had black seats and black headliner with piano black trim (and a solid roof) which if you like black would be heaven I suppose but wasn't my thing. It was a few years old and had some scratches in the trim but wasn't that bad all around in terms of how it held up despite being likely abused a bit by many drivers.

I can see how the piano black would look pretty nice with some of the contrasting interior colors which is why I ask what you have.

I think the gloss finish on the piano black trim just shows off surface imperfections far more than other options. It's not unlike the piano black iphone actually.