Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pic of your Model 3.......RIGHT NOW! [model 3 pictures thread]

C7AAEE12-A701-4756-B1B8-D296873630CA.jpeg
What is that red car with the gull wing doors in the garage, in back of the yellow C5 ?

@jkoya It’s the original Hardcastle and McCormack COYOTE “beauty” car used for close-up shots in Seasons 2-3 (1985-86). It’s a customized McLaren body on a 1981 DeLorean with 11k miles. You have very good eyes!

Reactions: KenC
What is that red car with the gull wing doors in the garage, in back of the yellow C5 ?

@jkoya It’s the original Hardcastle and McCormack COYOTE “beauty” car used for close-up shots in Seasons 2-3 (1985-86). It’s a customized McLaren body on a 1981 DeLorean with 11k miles. You have very good eyes!

Awesome - that is so cool !!! How did you become the owner of that iconic piece of memorabilia ?? Most impressive !!!

Awesome - that is so cool !!! How did you become the owner of that iconic piece of memorabilia ?? Most impressive !!!
I loaned a bunch of money to the son of Jay Ohrberg (in Guinness World Record Book for building the world’s longest - 102-ft - limousine) to start up a comedy club. A year later (1996), I got none of my cash back, and he defaulted on the loan. So I then got the three vehicles pledged as collateral on the loan: Coyote car, 32-ft Ferrari F40 limo, and a 39-ft Mercedes limo with heart shaped hot tub! It all sounds great now, but it wasn’t fun then (as I spent many years paying back the bank for the comedy club loan). But NOW it is pretty cool to own the 1 of 1 DeLorean Coyote that I used to watch on TV as a teenager :cool:

If you’re still driving that yellow NSX, you also have one impressive and iconic car! I rented a 1998 NSX (from RedHotCars.com) to race up a mountain outside Reno (the annual Virginia City Hill Climb; no idea if it still takes place). That NSX was absolutely amazing as I pushed it past 9,000 rpm and she just kept thrilling on that switchback road! :)

Last edited:
If you’re still driving that yellow NSX, you also have one impressive and iconic car! I rented a 1998 NSX (from RedHotCars.com) to race up a mountain outside Reno (the annual Virginia City Hill Climb; no idea if it still takes place). That NSX was absolutely amazing as I pushed it past 9,000 rpm and she just kept thrilling on that switchback road! :)

Yes !! I still have the Yellow NSX - Thanks for the kind words !! It's still a fun drive and has that built in theft deterrent of a 6 speed manual transmission (lots of people I know can't drive a manual)......

Mod Y Guy

Supporting Member
Jul 28, 2017
California
Just did a DIY Plasti Dip project on the wheels to see if I'd like the color change before permanently going darker. I know I could photoshop something but for $70 all in I'd rather see the color on the wheels and live with it for a bit. That's the great thing about Plasti Dip, you can always just rip it off, and go back to what you had before.

Old Setup:
Old Setup.jpg

New Setup (lowered, chrome delete, metallic dark grey dipped wheels):
New Setup.jpg

Just did a DIY Plasti Dip project on the wheels to see if I'd like the color change before permanently going darker. I know I could photoshop something but for $70 all in I'd rather see the color on the wheels and live with it for a bit. That's the great thing about Plasti Dip, you can always just rip it off, and go back to what you had before.

Old Setup:
View attachment 498841

New Setup (lowered, chrome delete, metallic dark grey dipped wheels):
View attachment 498842

What color did you do? Looks great!

Reactions: Mod Y Guy

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC