Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pic of your Model 3.......RIGHT NOW! [model 3 pictures thread]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How much xpel protection do you plan on getting? Trying to figure out if I should just do the bumper or do the full front. I’m definitely not paying 5.8k to do the whole car.
I'm getting the XPEL stealth so I'm doing the whole thing. It costs a lot but I plan on keeping this car as long as I can. I never did the ppf on previous new cars I bought, but I also never liked a car as much as I like this one.

Got bored during lockdown and with warmer weather on the way I swapped out winter wheels, washed the 3, ceramic coated with Kamikaze Zipang coat, Kamikaze Miyabi coat, and topped off with Angel Polish Cosmic Spritz. Nice deep gloss now.

Attachments

• 8A9316C8-FFCE-430D-B124-FFD8460E4ADD.jpeg
    8A9316C8-FFCE-430D-B124-FFD8460E4ADD.jpeg
    886.5 KB · Views: 234
Hi-5 fellow solar owner! Love ours.

Do you guys have Net Metering where you live?

yep, but the power company hasn't upgraded the meter yet, so i'm currently in no-export mode. It will generate as much power as the house can consume, but it won't generate more than that, and won't export anything. Currently I've shifted most of my oven/dishwasher/laundry stuff to mid-day, same with car charging. Limiting appliance use after it gets dark has allowed me to have solar generate 2/3rds of the power while I wait for the meter. Will be nice to get net metering enabled.

yep, but the power company hasn't upgraded the meter yet, so i'm currently in no-export mode. It will generate as much power as the house can consume, but it won't generate more than that, and won't export anything. Currently I've shifted most of my oven/dishwasher/laundry stuff to mid-day, same with car charging. Limiting appliance use after it gets dark has allowed me to have solar generate 2/3rds of the power while I wait for the meter. Will be nice to get net metering enabled.
Got it. What state are you in?

I'm in CT, and right now we have Net Metering, but they are looking to end it. But the good news is anyone with solar before they end it will be grandfathered in for 20 years.

Right now we generate over 100% of what we need, including charging the car. Then once a year we get paid for any overage. Love having solar.