Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pic of your Model 3.......RIGHT NOW! [model 3 pictures thread]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Supercharging at LINQ

LINQ.jpg

Reactions: tren01t
We've got two still in boxes, but having a hard time getting an electrician to install them (holidays and all). Did you install them yourself or get an electrician?
I did it myself. I had a nema 14-50, which I split through conduit to each of the wall connectors. I load balanced using the Tesla recommended data wire.

I used the parts and approach from this video

It look longer than I expected. Bending 6 gauge wire into the terminals of the Wall Connectors was the most difficult part.

I did it myself. I had a nema 14-50, which I split through conduit to each of the wall connectors. I load balanced using the Tesla recommended data wire.

I used the parts and approach from this video

It look longer than I expected. Bending 6 gauge wire into the terminals of the Wall Connectors was the most difficult part.
Got it. Nice work. We've got a NEMA already there, but I'd like to keep it intact and add a new circuit for the wall chargers. We had a subpanel installed in our garage last year during a remodel exactly for that purpose. I'm fairly certain I could do the work, but it would take quite a bit longer and dealing with that much heavy gauge wire through conduit is not my idea of fun, especially when it's pretty cold.

Reactions: ACDCAC