Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pic of your Model 3.......RIGHT NOW! [model 3 pictures thread]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
C7AAEE12-A701-4756-B1B8-D296873630CA.jpeg
What is that red car with the gull wing doors in the garage, in back of the yellow C5 ?

@jkoya It’s the original Hardcastle and McCormack COYOTE “beauty” car used for close-up shots in Seasons 2-3 (1985-86). It’s a customized McLaren body on a 1981 DeLorean with 11k miles. You have very good eyes!

Reactions: KenC
What is that red car with the gull wing doors in the garage, in back of the yellow C5 ?

@jkoya It’s the original Hardcastle and McCormack COYOTE “beauty” car used for close-up shots in Seasons 2-3 (1985-86). It’s a customized McLaren body on a 1981 DeLorean with 11k miles. You have very good eyes!

Awesome - that is so cool !!! How did you become the owner of that iconic piece of memorabilia ?? Most impressive !!!

Awesome - that is so cool !!! How did you become the owner of that iconic piece of memorabilia ?? Most impressive !!!
I loaned a bunch of money to the son of Jay Ohrberg (in Guinness World Record Book for building the world’s longest - 102-ft - limousine) to start up a comedy club. A year later (1996), I got none of my cash back, and he defaulted on the loan. So I then got the three vehicles pledged as collateral on the loan: Coyote car, 32-ft Ferrari F40 limo, and a 39-ft Mercedes limo with heart shaped hot tub! It all sounds great now, but it wasn’t fun then (as I spent many years paying back the bank for the comedy club loan). But NOW it is pretty cool to own the 1 of 1 DeLorean Coyote that I used to watch on TV as a teenager :cool:

If you’re still driving that yellow NSX, you also have one impressive and iconic car! I rented a 1998 NSX (from RedHotCars.com) to race up a mountain outside Reno (the annual Virginia City Hill Climb; no idea if it still takes place). That NSX was absolutely amazing as I pushed it past 9,000 rpm and she just kept thrilling on that switchback road! :)

Last edited:
If you’re still driving that yellow NSX, you also have one impressive and iconic car! I rented a 1998 NSX (from RedHotCars.com) to race up a mountain outside Reno (the annual Virginia City Hill Climb; no idea if it still takes place). That NSX was absolutely amazing as I pushed it past 9,000 rpm and she just kept thrilling on that switchback road! :)

Yes !! I still have the Yellow NSX - Thanks for the kind words !! It's still a fun drive and has that built in theft deterrent of a 6 speed manual transmission (lots of people I know can't drive a manual)......

Just did a DIY Plasti Dip project on the wheels to see if I'd like the color change before permanently going darker. I know I could photoshop something but for $70 all in I'd rather see the color on the wheels and live with it for a bit. That's the great thing about Plasti Dip, you can always just rip it off, and go back to what you had before.

Old Setup:
Old Setup.jpg

New Setup (lowered, chrome delete, metallic dark grey dipped wheels):
New Setup.jpg

Just did a DIY Plasti Dip project on the wheels to see if I'd like the color change before permanently going darker. I know I could photoshop something but for $70 all in I'd rather see the color on the wheels and live with it for a bit. That's the great thing about Plasti Dip, you can always just rip it off, and go back to what you had before.

Old Setup:
View attachment 498841

New Setup (lowered, chrome delete, metallic dark grey dipped wheels):
View attachment 498842

What color did you do? Looks great!

Reactions: Mod Y Guy