Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pic of your Model 3.......RIGHT NOW! [model 3 pictures thread]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wiped off some dust and insect splatter with some Beadmaker.

Attachments

• 3E682AC2-4DF1-4D6D-B488-7D66BBBDA7FB.jpeg
    3E682AC2-4DF1-4D6D-B488-7D66BBBDA7FB.jpeg
    311.1 KB · Views: 204
  • 08FE5825-5C7A-4A23-BD2C-F58FA654BF95.jpeg
    08FE5825-5C7A-4A23-BD2C-F58FA654BF95.jpeg
    331.4 KB · Views: 171
Amazing look, might have to copy ;P what percent are those tints?

Thanks. Windshield is 50%. Sides are 15%. Top and rear glass are 5%. Overall, I think it looks great - really like the sides and windshield percentage.

If I had to do it over again, I'd probably do 15% on the roof and rear glass - too hard to see out the back at night and you lose much of the view above during the day.

Thanks. Windshield is 50%. Sides are 15%. Top and rear glass are 5%. Overall, I think it looks great - really like the sides and windshield percentage.

If I had to do it over again, I'd probably do 15% on the roof and rear glass - too hard to see out the back at night and you lose much of the view above during the day.
Thanks for replying! I feel like Pearl White with chrome looks amazing, but definitely needs a darker tint on the windows to produce a nice contrast. My only concern is how visible the tints are at night.... I've never had tints done on any other car so this is a first for me haha. Ive heard 35% all around is the go-to spec for the majority of M3 owners..

Did you ppf/ceramic coat the body at all?

Another fellow Model 3 surfer. :) Nice to see it.

How are you opening your trunk with board on the racks without hitting each other? I can never open my trunk while the board is on the car (but then again, my board is 9'2")

Well, my board is 9' 6", and as long as I have it a little forward and not on the very side of the rack, the trunk opens fine (which was a happy surprise):

NickAlSurfing.jpg

20200727_083050.jpg

Reactions: BlindPass
Well, my board is 9' 6", and as long as I have it a little forward and not on the very side of the rack, the trunk opens fine (which was a happy surprise):

View attachment 578421

View attachment 578423

Ah, ok, makes sense. I usually like to keep the board as far back as possible for aero and to avoid the board getting pushed upward from the draft. With that positioning, there's no way for me to open the trunk without hitting it.

Attachments

• C62180C8-6AF2-4AF2-8546-E9313F86DD1C.jpeg
    C62180C8-6AF2-4AF2-8546-E9313F86DD1C.jpeg
    444 KB · Views: 121
Reactions: Fred42
Thanks for replying! I feel like Pearl White with chrome looks amazing, but definitely needs a darker tint on the windows to produce a nice contrast. My only concern is how visible the tints are at night.... I've never had tints done on any other car so this is a first for me haha. Ive heard 35% all around is the go-to spec for the majority of M3 owners..

Did you ppf/ceramic coat the body at all?

I agree on chrome with this look too. I think chrome delete looks good on other colors, but not so much on pearl white. 35% is just fine, but I wanted it to a level where you really couldn't see through the side windows unless it was mid-day sun - matches better with the dark wheels and the white/chrome. This was my first tint job too, so i went with a highly rated local installer and he showed me multiple examples of how the various percentages look.

The only PPF is on the rear bumper by the trunk lid. Otherwise, I just keep it well waxed and clean. I'm pretty obsessive about that.

Reactions: Chippin