Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pic of your Model 3.......RIGHT NOW! [model 3 pictures thread]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
View attachment 740938

Best winter vehicle I ever had. Was curious how this would work out as it repalced an Audi A4 Allroad, which is a pretty darn good winter car - but the Model 3 works great in the winter too. Particularlty love that it heats up so fast - a coplue of minutes and the snow just melts off it.

Not that i'm surprised, but traction and stability are much better than I expected. Where the Audi shines is the quattro traction, but I am quite impressed by how the Tesla just isn't bothered and just feels like accelerates slower where the Audi would snake and shift around as the traction control did it's thing. I do notice the regen pulling on the rear wheels sometimes but never had any issues.

Saved the best for last - track mode! At 25/75% this thing will do beautiful sideways laps around a car park and flatters teh driver by making it so easy anyone can do it. A nice big scandinavian flick into fully sideways for as long as you want. I honestly thought my old Audi was pretty much the master of that excercise.
I mean, your AR has half the HP that the M3P does haha. There are good and bad qualities of both Quattro & Tesla. I still have my B8.5 S4 and SQ5 along with the Model 3 dual motor. The benefit of the Tesla is being able to preheat the car in the snow. The drawback of the model 3 would be the decrease in range for colder climates. That being said, I think I would likely take the SQ5 into the mountains here in CA over the Model 3 just because I have more ground clearance despite it being lowered.

Reactions: Kvitravn
Spotted at 2 car meets today 👀

WBfPkme.jpg

o0Ck3Od.jpg

I missed the sale but plan on getting the Boost 50 for my 2019 LR AWD the next time it's on sale (hope I don't have to wait until next year's Black Friday sale).

In the meantime, I realize HOW you drive it will affect your efficiency, but does simply having the module installed negatively affect efficiency?

I mean, your AR has half the HP that the M3P does haha. There are good and bad qualities of both Quattro & Tesla. I still have my B8.5 S4 and SQ5 along with the Model 3 dual motor. The benefit of the Tesla is being able to preheat the car in the snow. The drawback of the model 3 would be the decrease in range for colder climates. That being said, I think I would likely take the SQ5 into the mountains here in CA over the Model 3 just because I have more ground clearance despite it being lowered.

Yes, ground clearance is definitely an issue with a lowered M3P. Even when sticking to roads I do some shoveling for the county at times 😅

Coming from a Subaru STI I too am curious about winter diving. I don't see a ton of it but I looked forward to snow days in the STI. Picking up M3P in a week and winter tires/wheels already waiting.

Well, compared to the STI it's drawback that you need to go into track mode while the Sube is always ready to play. And the sound. Wish I could have kept the soundtrack of the 03 WRX I turned into an OEM+ STI part by part way back when. (obviously cant seem to recall how many gearboxes and engines it went through 🤭)

Reactions: ScoobyRVA