Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pic of your Model 3.......RIGHT NOW! [model 3 pictures thread]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nope. Nothing on front! But Iā€™ve been thinking about it :)

Right now Iā€™m stuck between Eibach kit lowering springs or UP dual rate springs ā€¦argh. Both good. The UP seems to provide better regular driving comfort on top of stiffer cornering but they lower 1.5ā€ which in my view is a bit much. 1-1.25ā€ is where Iā€™d like to be.
Eibach ia 1ā€.

Anyone have any experience with either?? Would appreciate some feedback here.
I went with the eibach pro plus kit with sway bars and I couldnt be happier with the performance/handling improvement, but was displeased with how far off the amount of drop was from the advertised drop. The rear barely dropped at all, 3/8" I believe. And the front dropped 1/8"more than advertised so I got a bit of a rake look, which was not intended.
Iā€˜ve got a MYP on order and am considering going the coilover route just to make sure I donā€™t have this height issue again. Plus the adjustability for ride comfort and height would be really REALLY nice!
JMTC

Nope. Nothing on front! But Iā€™ve been thinking about it :)

Right now Iā€™m stuck between Eibach kit lowering springs or UP dual rate springs ā€¦argh. Both good. The UP seems to provide better regular driving comfort on top of stiffer cornering but they lower 1.5ā€ which in my view is a bit much. 1-1.25ā€ is where Iā€™d like to be.
Eibach ia 1ā€.

Anyone have any experience with either?? Would appreciate some feedback here.
Like @E. Potter said, I would go for coils if the budget allows for it. The problem with springs is that they will wear out your stock shocks significantly faster and your ride will start feeling bouncy and much less compliant than stock.

Like @E. Potter said, I would go for coils if the budget allows for it. The problem with springs is that they will wear out your stock shocks significantly faster and your ride will start feeling bouncy and much less compliant than stock.
Ya not spending 2-3k. $4/500 plus labour is just fine for me. Thatā€™s why most Iā€™ll do is the UP medium low or eibach pro kit

There is a shop about 40 min from me that has done many model 3ā€™s. Lots of solid installs and examples. Iā€™ll go visit and see l for myself how they turn out..not looking for more than an inch .

Heres my M3 21 SR+ PPF with tinted windows and powder coated 19 sports wheels. I wonder will it be any warranty issues when I swap those wheels to my new LR 22 standard 18?

View attachment 796381
Every time I see this I wanna powder coat my V2s. Sometimes (like here) it looks so good, sometimes it looks terrible.

EDIT: Also no you wonā€™t face any warranty issues for wheel choice. They canā€™t ding you on that. I bought the car with V2 sports and have OEM 18s as my winters

Reactions: Jono89
Ya not spending 2-3k. $4/500 plus labour is just fine for me. Thatā€™s why most Iā€™ll do is the UP medium low or eibach pro kit

There is a shop about 40 min from me that has done many model 3ā€™s. Lots of solid installs and examples. Iā€™ll go visit and see l for myself how they turn out..not looking for more than an inch .
it was $1100....what we are trying to say is...it's not a matter of IF...it's a matter of WHEN the shocks will fail...it will cost you the same or even more to replace stock...may as well get the BC coils...it's cheap to get installed...cheaper than the springs I'd imagine because you don't need to compress or anything just remove old and install the new

it was $1100....what we are trying to say is...it's not a matter of IF...it's a matter of WHEN the shocks will fail...it will cost you the same or even more to replace stock...may as well get the BC coils...it's cheap to get installed...cheaper than the springs I'd imagine because you don't need to compress or anything just remove old and install the new
Issue is here in Canada weā€™re talking 3500 coilover plus labour 1k ā€¦$4500 vs $800.

Our roads around where we commute and drive are quite good. Just looking for more appeal on look and a bit better airflow for range to boot. Not taking it on track or drive major aggressive lol.

Every time I see this I wanna powder coat my V2s. Sometimes (like here) it looks so good, sometimes it looks terrible.

EDIT: Also no you wonā€™t face any warranty issues for wheel choice. They canā€™t ding you on that. I bought the car with V2 sports and have OEM 18s as my winters

Nice! I hope mine does look good and can convince you to move forward! I drove the original for one season and This summer want to be more special before switching to a LR.

Thanks for the reply!

2037D1A1-38BE-45AB-833F-DEF604F56A68.jpeg

My winter tiresā€¦ 18 inch Replika R241

Reactions: tebling and f308gt4