Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pic of your Model 3.......RIGHT NOW! [model 3 pictures thread]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The seal is just to try and prevent water from getting into the joint….it doesn’t do anything if its already squeaking.

hmm I’m not sure I see what you’re talking about...That’s not bare metal? Or is it a plastic cover that looks the same color as the bare metal?
I think the question was whether people have a plastic/felt liner covering the bare metal.
That’s exactly what I’m wondering. The bare metal looks unfinished so I’m curious

Yes hubs are the same. If @BadassBob is looking for aftermarket wheels….he should base it off the 40mm or 35mm depending on what car he has or whatever comes stock on whatever car he has. The difference between LR and performance hub offset/rotor hat thickness is meaningless unless he’s planning on swapping out to oem performance rotors or vise versa.

Anyway let’s get this thread back on topic with the original theme of a no posing….right now pic.

View attachment 813639

Thanks, thats what i was looking for.

What are your wheel specs? car looks great

IMG_0109.JPG

The seal is just to try and prevent water from getting into the joint….it doesn’t do anything if its already squeaking.

hmm I’m not sure I see what you’re talking about...That’s not bare metal? Or is it a plastic cover that looks the same color as the bare metal?
I think the question was whether people have a plastic/felt liner covering the bare metal.
Definitely bad eyesight and poor camera work on my part lol - yeah it has a kind of rough texture to it that felt like a cover, but I clearly didn’t properly inspect and it was a bit dark in there when I took the pic. Mine has no cover; move along people, nothing to see here.

what size are the Turbine replicas?
These are 20"x10" + 40 Turbine Replicas. Usually everyone does the 20x8.5 in front cause of fitment. I wanted to be different.
Tires are 275/30/20 Pirelli PZeros (take offs from another car to test fit.
Fronts using a 3mm Spacer to clear the knuckle. Rear I might use a 5mm spacer to be flush. I have extended wheel studs, BBK, front and rear Control arms etc.
20220525_184954.jpg

Reactions: m a x i m u s
These are 20"x10" + 40 Turbine Replicas. Usually everyone does the 20x8.5 in front cause of fitment. I wanted to be different.
Tires are 275/30/20 Pirelli PZeros (take offs from another car to test fit.
Fronts using a 3mm Spacer to clear the knuckle. Rear I might use a 5mm spacer to be flush. I have extended wheel studs, BBK, front and rear Control arms etc.View attachment 813977
Do you have more pictures of this setup? Looks great.

Curious also if you notice a significant loss of range going to a 10" wheel? I'm doing a staggered setup (10" rear and 8.5" front) but will also be running MPS4 A/S tires so probably a bit less grippy and less rolling resistance than the stock MPS4 summer tires. I'm hoping the width and tire compound pretty much cancel each other out.