Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pic of your Model 3.......RIGHT NOW! [model 3 pictures thread]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Flying low over a Norwegian mountain pass last night.

View attachment 834623

We drive very slowly over here so I'm not the greatest fan of the low speed ride of my KW3s - but the ride and wheel control over these well used and winter rutted roads at speed is simply sublime. Constant fight between my conscience and right foot 😇
@Kvitrafn I think you should swap to softer springs if that's allowed where you live. My experience with stiff springs + high quality damping is similar. Driving very slowly over rough roads will bring out the stiffness of your springs, no matter how finely tuned your damping is. Drive faster and harder and the ride will literally smooth out while maintaining excellent control.

If you're usually driving in areas with low speed limits + strict enforcement, I think softer springs would suit you better. Or move to rural hilly America. ;)

Reactions: IWRBR and Kvitravn
Just installed zero-g wheels on my M3P. Loving the look so far
223A3683-3CC4-43AD-B660-DF8BAD05C581.jpeg

Last edited:
After a year and a couple months from purchasing my 21 LR I finally had the wheels powdercoated in Satin Black.

V2 19" Sport Wheels.

Had a budget of roughly 2,500 set aside for new wheels and after much thought, I decided to get the Sport wheels powder coated for $515 and add acceleration boost for 2k.

While there are much better looking after market wheels I found this combo best for me and my budget.

I really think it complements the Red with the black trim and black emblems.
20220729_152425.jpg
20220729_152418.jpg
20220729_152418.jpg

Attachments

• 20220729_152359.jpg
    20220729_152359.jpg
    631.4 KB · Views: 96
@Kvitrafn I think you should swap to softer springs if that's allowed where you live. My experience with stiff springs + high quality damping is similar. Driving very slowly over rough roads will bring out the stiffness of your springs, no matter how finely tuned your damping is. Drive faster and harder and the ride will literally smooth out while maintaining excellent control.

If you're usually driving in areas with low speed limits + strict enforcement, I think softer springs would suit you better. Or move to rural hilly America. ;)
You are probably right, but I talked to a Øhlins development engineer at Goodwood and they are apparently about to launch a TUV certified and road focused kit. If I were to spend more money on this (while maintaining TUV aproval) that would be an interesting option.

KW3s work great as long as you keep the speed up above 70kph or 40 mph. I'm just going to assume the local Police understands my predicament :cool:
more photos please! :D
m3p_rv7_009_16k.jpg
m3p_rv7_008_16k.jpg

After a year and a couple months from purchasing my 21 LR I finally had the wheels powdercoated in Satin Black.

V2 19" Sport Wheels.

Had a budget of roughly 2,500 set aside for new wheels and after much thought, I decided to get the Sport wheels powder coated for $515 and add acceleration boost for 2k.

While there are much better looking after market wheels I found this combo best for me and my budget.

I really think it complements the Red with the black trim and black emblems.
View attachment 834839View attachment 834840View attachment 834840
I did the same thing. I removed the center piece and bought lugnut covers and a red tesla logo from amazon. Looks great!

Model 2-1 400.jpg

Wanted something to display speed and iconography indicators directly in front of me and found this on AliExpress for under $50. Doesn't block my AC and took 5 min to install into the OBD2 Port. Unfortunately, I was sent one in KPH, instead of MPH, so getting another one sent. Surprisingly, this works really well.

Link to vid
Cool little display. How about some more info about it please?
Tried all kinds of google searches and haven't found anything.
And no links or info found in your video...
Not really a fan of waiting weeks (or months) for AliExpress, maybe a different vendor?
Thanks for the teaser...lol

Cool little display. How about some more info about it please?
Tried all kinds of google searches and haven't found anything.
And no links or info found in your video...
Not really a fan of waiting weeks (or months) for AliExpress, maybe a different vendor?
Thanks for the teaser...lol
It just started popping up on AliExpress, and I haven't seen it anywhere else. I figured for $50, I'd give it a shot. This is where I got it.

On AliExpress it is the YZ Official Store. Here's a screen shot. I use the app, so no link via Google.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220801-174326.png
    Screenshot_20220801-174326.png
    823.8 KB · Views: 177