Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pic of your Model 3.......RIGHT NOW! [model 3 pictures thread]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took delivery of a model 3 performance on August 1st at the Scottsdale Raintree service center. The delivery experience was excellent. I paid for the car using a cashiers check issued from my Fidelity TOD account. I wasn't able to use Plaid because Fidelity doesn't have a checking account.

Even though I had to pay for the car before inspecting it, I could reject the car and wait for the next available car that matches my specs.

The car had 7 miles on the odometer.

The only defect I found was an abrasion on the drivers lower seat plastic trim. Tesla has ordered the part and it will be installed via Mobile service.

The paint was flawless.

The car came with the mobile charger cables because I ordered the car prior to Tesla deleting the cables.

I sold a 2022 model S LR prior to getting the model 3 performance. I sold the S because I found it to be too big and the yoke steering was not as good as a wheel.

See attached pictures.

Attachments

• Delivery4.JPEG
    Delivery4.JPEG
    553.5 KB · Views: 276
  • Delivery27.JPEG
    Delivery27.JPEG
    238.8 KB · Views: 196
  • Delivery38.JPEG
    Delivery38.JPEG
    350.3 KB · Views: 181
  • Delivery36.JPEG
    Delivery36.JPEG
    402 KB · Views: 192
  • Delivery11.JPEG
    Delivery11.JPEG
    500.3 KB · Views: 192
  • Delivery6.JPEG
    Delivery6.JPEG
    472.6 KB · Views: 189
  • Delivery24.JPEG
    Delivery24.JPEG
    289.1 KB · Views: 178
  • Delivery1.JPEG
    Delivery1.JPEG
    427.8 KB · Views: 172
  • Delivery10.JPEG
    Delivery10.JPEG
    296.3 KB · Views: 182
  • Delivery31.JPEG
    Delivery31.JPEG
    398.3 KB · Views: 215
I did inspect the paint in the sun. It was perfect.
Jomak - Most new vehicles regardless of MFG have micro swirl marks. Most buyers will never notice them, especially on a light color paint. BTW -
Easy to fix with one pass of a orbital buffer and a polish/sealer product (after a wash and clay-bar to get anything else off the paint). BTW - I detail all my new or new to me vehicles once I get them anyways.

Congrats to PHX_Rob to the new M3P ride. Rare you hear anyone posting they moved from a MS to a M3P - but it's a much more nimble vehicle in that size. Straight line performance is not everything!

Reactions: Smytty
Jomak - Most new vehicles regardless of MFG have micro swirl marks. Most buyers will never notice them, especially on a light color paint. BTW -
Easy to fix with one pass of a orbital buffer and a polish/sealer product (after a wash and clay-bar to get anything else off the paint). BTW - I detail all my new or new to me vehicles once I get them anyways.

Congrats to PHX_Rob to the new M3P ride. Rare you hear anyone posting they moved from a MS to a M3P - but it's a much more nimble vehicle in that size. Straight line performance is not everything!

Yes sir, that's why I said "that's just how it is." I did a 2 day orbital job on my ride. I have seen repaint jobs before though, so sun sun sun light.

The car came with the mobile charger cables because I ordered the car prior to Tesla deleting the cables.
They all still come with the cables. I ordered 6 weeks after the cutoff and my car had the kit. I've seen posts in the waiting room from people who ordered in July, accepted delivery in August, and received the mobile connector. I think Elon forgot to tag his employees in his "no more chargers" tweet.

Tesla won't accept a personal check. I did a wire transfer. That was easier than a cashier's check.
I was able to pay with personal check which I never thought was an option. I texted my SA before pickup to see if I should bring a cashier's check and they mentioned a personal check was also acceptable which made it easy for me. This may vary by location though as I have seen others on this forum recently say they weren't allowed to pay that way.