Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pic of your Model 3.......RIGHT NOW! [model 3 pictures thread]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That would be wonderful thank you. Can't wait to install it
524D9036-EC9C-405A-B2D6-928FCA9ADD69.jpeg

Just wanted to jump on the 'Gotta add more screws" bandwagon. When I got my diffuser a couple years ago there was no chance in hell it was going to stay on with just the four screws and tape it came with. I wound up drilling black self-tapping screws right into the back of the bumper in four places. If you know to look for them, you'll see them. Other than that they blend right in. Did the same for my front splitter.

I don't know how any of these companies expect them to stay on with the included hardware.

screws3.jpg

Attachments

• screws1.jpg
    screws1.jpg
    413.9 KB · Views: 214
Just wanted to jump on the 'Gotta add more screws" bandwagon. When I got my diffuser a couple years ago there was no chance in hell it was going to stay on with just the four screws and tape it came with. I wound up drilling black self-tapping screws right into the back of the bumper in four places. If you know to look for them, you'll see them. Other than that they blend right in. Did the same for my front splitter.

I don't know how any of these companies expect them to stay on with the included hardware.

View attachment 892262
its so difficult for me to just drill into the actual painted part of the bumper, theres no going back lol

Yeah I wasn’t about having this thing fly off on the freeway and wasn’t impressed with what they gave to secure it. Overkill on my end for certain, but it’s solid on there!

For sure. I actually really like the look of the Maxton rear diffuser. Just wish it was matte carbon. Maybe I'll order one and take it to a local carbon shop to have it covered in matte carbon.