Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pic of your Model 3.......RIGHT NOW! [model 3 pictures thread]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, yesterday I took of the snow tires and today is Rosebud's 3rd Anniversary, my Teslaversary as it's called, not perfect anymore, chips in the bumper, mirrors and windshield, a few scratches in the interior too, but for a car that has had zero maintenance visits and been basically running on free electricity for 72,000 miles, this was one of my best purchases this lifetime.

View attachment 647995

Im not really a Vette guy, but that is a very cool paint scheme you’ve got there. I love it!

Reactions: TBrownTX
Only a few weeks left till I’m riding on air.

Attachments

• 8DF8AE2A-0EBB-4B7B-A61D-D11E6D2CEAA0.jpeg
    8DF8AE2A-0EBB-4B7B-A61D-D11E6D2CEAA0.jpeg
    675.3 KB · Views: 213
  • 2CCB9D89-ED6C-47C1-A570-FE3A5FBD3C45.jpeg
    2CCB9D89-ED6C-47C1-A570-FE3A5FBD3C45.jpeg
    764.4 KB · Views: 198
Well, yesterday I took of the snow tires and today is Rosebud's 3rd Anniversary, my Teslaversary as it's called, not perfect anymore, chips in the bumper, mirrors and windshield, a few scratches in the interior too, but for a car that has had zero maintenance visits and been basically running on free electricity for 72,000 miles, this was one of my best purchases this lifetime.

View attachment 647995

Omg is that the Mitsubishi i-MiEV in the back? What’s that thing like in the real world now? Isn’t it a 12 years old electric car?

Reactions: play150
Took delivery on Dec. 24 and yesterday was the first day of decent weather since. Had the opportunity to really look over paint issues, panel gaps, etc. I must say everything is great. A small area of paint under-spray under the frunk hood close to the corner by the driver's windshield, but you have to lookView attachment 642082 hard to notice it, and only when the frunk is open and the hood is all the way up.
Damn I love this car!
Ooh is this the stock blue? I'm deciding between white and blue but the blue looks really good in this light

Reactions: TBrownTX
Omg is that the Mitsubishi i-MiEV in the back? What’s that thing like in the real world now? Isn’t it a 12 years old electric car?
Yes, before we even thought about buying a Tesla we had the iMiev. It's a basic car, though it has CHAdeMO, only takes 15 minutes to charge, but the range is a guess and so scary to drive very far for fear of it running out of juice. Just turning on the heat or the AC cuts the range by 1/3rd on the Guess-o-meter. We live in Alameda, so don't really need either. It is smaller than the Tesla and easier to park and has a big rear hatch to put groceries in. But I would not want to try to go over 80 MPH in the thing, wheels are tiny.

It used to get recalls every year but we have yet to actually take it in for maintenance and nothing has malfunctioned, and it's power has been free all these years due to a rebate our power company used instead of TOU plans. We just drive it so little that we never use up the free power we get. I installed solar when we got the Model 3, so now I can power the Vectrix Electric Motorcycle, iMiev, and TM3 for free (the system paid for itself this last winter). Like YouTube's Ben Nelson, we have all the same stuff.

Last edited:
Here’s a photo of the before I started, then after 3 passes with the clay bar (I take it back, it did help some) then three stages of polish.
Lesson learned, next time move the cars outside! My wife’s Model 3 was also parked inside but further from the paint booth so hers didn’t get it as bad.

Attachments

• 3BAC4041-DAB5-4745-8B5B-68FF1E77E938.jpeg
    3BAC4041-DAB5-4745-8B5B-68FF1E77E938.jpeg
    120.7 KB · Views: 181
Reactions: MODEL+
Here’s a photo of the before I started, then after 3 passes with the clay bar (I take it back, it did help some) then three stages of polish.
Lesson learned, next time move the cars outside! My wife’s Model 3 was also parked inside but further from the paint booth so hers didn’t get it as bad.

You can buy "car condoms" on amazon for around $10/each. They are super lightweight plastic covers with elastic around the edges. Very easy to throw one on a car to protect it when doing projects.

Reactions: IronJoe
You can buy "car condoms" on amazon for around $10/each. They are super lightweight plastic covers with elastic around the edges. Very easy to throw one on a car to protect it when doing projects.
Wow thanks, I’d never heard of these! And your Model 3 looks great with spacers installed.

Nice to experience some sun in the PNW huh? :cool:
Yep, just about enough time to snap a photo and now it’s gone again!

• Funny
Reactions: TLLMRRJ and MODEL+