Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Picture of your Model Y - Right Now!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pic of mine at delivery
57AEDD54-A1D0-40E7-B680-6E897DC580D4.jpeg

Very nice!! What type of matte coating did you get on your MYP? I am trying decide if I should get matte or ceramic coating when I get my MYP in two weeks. Matte coating looks superb imo!
Matte is a PPF which is completely different than Ceramic coat. What are you hoping to achieve? If your trying to protect the paint from chips than you need PPF. If your trying to protect it against the sun, bird droppings, tar, etc than ceramic coat is the way to go. If you only want PPF on the front (to save cost) you will not be able to do Stealth (matte) PPF as they have to cover the entire vehicle. We did the matte PPF and I bought Avalon King ceramic coat. I chose to do the DIY as I didn’t want to spend $1800 on top of the $5500 for the PPF.

Thank you for the explanation on the both. I have decided I will be doing the PPF on my MYP since I live in a city that construction is NEVER ENDING and highways are always being repaved, adding new lanes, tons of semi-truck beds filled with flying rocks, cement debris and whatnot flying towards the car along with new building construction is on every corner in my downtown area. I noticed tons of mini scratches on my 3 series when I got a full detailed service after a cross-country trip and I was pretty shocked. This time I will get the PPF on my MYP to protect it from scratches and chips. :)

Thank you for the explanation on the both. I have decided I will be doing the PPF on my MYP since I live in a city that construction is NEVER ENDING and highways are always being repaved, adding new lanes, tons of semi-truck beds filled with flying rocks, cement debris and whatnot flying towards the car along with new building construction is on every corner in my downtown area. I noticed tons of mini scratches on my 3 series when I got a full detailed service after a cross-country trip and I was pretty shocked. This time I will get the PPF on my MYP to protect it from scratches and chips. :)
Depending on quotes in your area and willingness to travel: I had AP3 Atlanta do the PPF on my Y for $5300 I believe. That was stealth, front headlights, fog lights, rear tail lights. That is out the door price with no tax. You would have to travel to Atlanta but I know some areas get crazy quotes for PPF. We drove from Saint Louis to Atlanta and made a vacation out of it.