Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Picture of your Model Y - Right Now!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Depending on quotes in your area and willingness to travel: I had AP3 Atlanta do the PPF on my Y for $5300 I believe. That was stealth, front headlights, fog lights, rear tail lights. That is out the door price with no tax. You would have to travel to Atlanta but I know some areas get crazy quotes for PPF. We drove from Saint Louis to Atlanta and made a vacation out of it.
Depending on quotes in your area and willingness to travel: I had AP3 Atlanta do the PPF on my Y for $5300 I believe. That was stealth, front headlights, fog lights, rear tail lights. That is out the door price with no tax. You would have to travel to Atlanta but I know some areas get crazy quotes for PPF. We drove from Saint Louis to Atlanta and made a vacation out of it.
I live in St Petersburg, FL. I did some research on the best PPF installers and some reviewers have mentioned that they have spent roughly $800 to $7k for stealth matte PPF or just a clear PPF coat for partial or the entire vehicle. It all depends on the size of vehicle, what grade of coating you want and etc. But, your price point is about average median for what you wanted on your MY. That is a definitely long haul and I can tell it was all worth and made a vacation out of it. There is only two to three in the St Petersburg area that does PPF, not counting Tampa or further north or south counties that does PPF installations. As the saying goes: "Go Big or Go Home".

999413D7-2FF3-43B3-B3FA-9FF9F60EC6E2.jpeg
1022A024-4F52-4AD7-B744-8D833CCC852B.jpeg

In trying to decide what wheels to get I keep going from getting the Geminis and replacing them with TSV, then thinking it would be easier to just get the Inductions, then I see this photo I think I should just powder coat the Geminis. Wish they just had a 19" wheel I liked from the beginning. Would make it an easy decision and way less hassle.

Reactions: Noflash
In trying to decide what wheels to get I keep going from getting the Geminis and replacing them with TSV, then thinking it would be easier to just get the Inductions, then I see this photo I think I should just powder coat the Geminis. Wish they just had a 19" wheel I liked from the beginning. Would make it an easy decision and way less hassle.
I went through the same thought process. I ultimately did not want to spend $2,000 on the induction wheels and spent $3,500 for 19" Tsportline TSTs with Michelin Pilot tires. I recouped about $1,200 on the geminis so it ended up being almost the same price as going with the inductions and I ended up with something I liked the look of better and with better tires.

• Informative
Reactions: cusetownusa
I went through the same thought process. I ultimately did not want to spend $2,000 on the induction wheels and spent $3,500 for 19" Tsportline TSTs with Michelin Pilot tires. I recouped about $1,200 on the geminis so it ended up being almost the same price as going with the inductions and I ended up with something I liked the look of better and with better tires.
Did you sell your Gemini's with wheel, tires, and TPMS for $1200?

My preference would be to just sell the OEM Conti tires as I want to swap them out for better All Weathers but I feel like the market for take-off tires is a lot smaller

what ceramic coating did you use? diy?

did it make it more shiny afterwards? does it retain the matte quality?
I used Avalon King DIY. First wash today and it cleaned super easy. It retains the matte look but gives it a wet look. Does that make sense? It looks really sharp with the ceramic coat. Also impressed with Avalon King to the effect of coating plastic and glass. Even the plastic cleaned up to that new shiny look today.

Reactions: TheQuiet_1
I live in St Petersburg, FL. I did some research on the best PPF installers and some reviewers have mentioned that they have spent roughly $800 to $7k for stealth matte PPF or just a clear PPF coat for partial or the entire vehicle. It all depends on the size of vehicle, what grade of coating you want and etc. But, your price point is about average median for what you wanted on your MY. That is a definitely long haul and I can tell it was all worth and made a vacation out of it. There is only two to three in the St Petersburg area that does PPF, not counting Tampa or further north or south counties that does PPF installations. As the saying goes: "Go Big or Go Home".
Post pics when you get yours done!

Reactions: TheQuiet_1
I used Avalon King DIY. First wash today and it cleaned super easy. It retains the matte look but gives it a wet look. Does that make sense? It looks really sharp with the ceramic coat. Also impressed with Avalon King to the effect of coating plastic and glass. Even the plastic cleaned up to that new shiny look today.
thats awesome! i bought a bottle of avalon king recently too. was originally going to use it for the glass and black trims. but might add it on the ppf too based on what you said. do you mind sharing a few more pics please?