Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Picture of your Model Y - Right Now!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do you think FSD sub is worth it?
I’ll preface by saying we’ve only had it for 5 days now, but have done quite a bit of driving including a couple hour drive north into the mountains in Arizona where we are right now. Seat of the pants answer is no….

I’m monkeying with the settings, but I cannot find a setting where it will just drive normally on an interstate. In a few hundred miles of interstate driving we’ve had without phantom braking, riding the line while someone is right next to us and feeling like we’re about to rub like in a NASCAR race, changing lanes WAY too early on all settings, changing lanes right in front of traffic that is barreling down us and it not accelerating back up to the set speed, keeps wanting to change lanes despite being at our set speed and far away from the car in front of us on all settings, and a lot more I’m not thinking of. You couple these weird behaviors with also having opted in for the FSD Beta and Safety Score, making you second guess every move you make, and you’ve got a recipe for white knuckles and heartburn. I found myself often turning the Navigate on Autopilot off out of frustration.

We had EAP in our MX and frankly it inspired more confidence, probably because it had less features and less left to the car to figure out (plus I’m still not convinced Vision will equal Radar, but I’m hopeful). We’re still all in on seeing the FSD through to the beta and letting the car calibrate, hoping it will get better. Best part is, you can always cancel with the sub.

September 26th delivery! Do you guys also look back at the car every time you park? She is just so perfect!

IMG_20211001_082940482_HDR.jpeg

I’ll preface by saying we’ve only had it for 5 days now, but have done quite a bit of driving including a couple hour drive north into the mountains in Arizona where we are right now. Seat of the pants answer is no….

I’m monkeying with the settings, but I cannot find a setting where it will just drive normally on an interstate. In a few hundred miles of interstate driving we’ve had without phantom braking, riding the line while someone is right next to us and feeling like we’re about to rub like in a NASCAR race, changing lanes WAY too early on all settings, changing lanes right in front of traffic that is barreling down us and it not accelerating back up to the set speed, keeps wanting to change lanes despite being at our set speed and far away from the car in front of us on all settings, and a lot more I’m not thinking of. You couple these weird behaviors with also having opted in for the FSD Beta and Safety Score, making you second guess every move you make, and you’ve got a recipe for white knuckles and heartburn. I found myself often turning the Navigate on Autopilot off out of frustration.

We had EAP in our MX and frankly it inspired more confidence, probably because it had less features and less left to the car to figure out (plus I’m still not convinced Vision will equal Radar, but I’m hopeful). We’re still all in on seeing the FSD through to the beta and letting the car calibrate, hoping it will get better. Best part is, you can always cancel with the sub.
Yea being able to cancel Is nice.

For me, it's like another car payment just to add nav on autopilot. I don't even want to try and stress about the driving score for fsd beta lol

I have a performance car and Want to be able to drive like it and not worry about granny tesla giving me bad marks lol.

I will probably so the sub when it comes with beta by default. Until then I'm having a hard time justifying it