Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Picture of your Model Y - Right Now!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
20220124_082223.jpg

Rotiform TUF F20x9.5-255/40R20 R20x10.5-295/35R20

Last edited:
New year, new detail. Continue to be super impressed by the ease to quality ratio of Turtle Wax Hybrid Ceramic spray.

IMG_0364%20%281%29-XL.jpg

IMG_0362%20%281%29-XL.jpg

I decided to test a product that I've been curious about (Adam's Graphene Spray Coating) while my paint was still in good shape. So I stripped the Turtle Wax and put on two coats of the Adams spray over the course of a few days.

It's hard to tell from a bunch of iPhone photos, but the Adam's is noticeably different. The Turtle Wax Hybrid Ceramic has a lot of qualities of a true ceramic coating (excellent gloss and slickness, quite hydrophobic). The properties of the Adam's Graphene spray are even further towards a coating. It has a subtle darkening effect on paint and trim like most coatings, and it beads and sheds water like crazy--reminds me of CQuartz UK in how it does that.

Downside is the application is also more towards a real coating. You have to really try to screw up the Turtle Wax, which is pretty much a spray on/wipe off. The Adam's is trickier to apply and you have to time the removal to allow the product to flash onto the paint but not to sit so long it starts to high spot. And it smells awful; strong solvent scent again like a real coating.

I don't mind doing a tricky application so for me it is going to come down to longevity. If Adam's can keep the beading and gloss for 6-12 months like advertised, it is a winner for me. But I'd recommend the Turtle Wax to most people simply based on easy of use and low risk of making a mistake that's a pain to fix.

i-rxzxdd2-XL.jpg

i-QsSHLMm-XL.jpg

@gr8tdane24 That looks awesome! Is that with the lift installed?

I just got back into reception after a day of testing off road capabilities! Definitely needs more ground clearance and probably stiffer springs in the rear if I'm doing to keep using it as a Trail 90 hauler!

No lift yet - just stock MYLR suspension height. I'm starting to like the current ride height but am still going to do a slight lift. I canceled my order with UP for their coilovers after reading all the complaints about NVH plus their customer service and timeliness in responding to my questions was pretty lackluster. I am going with MPP for everything (coilovers plus lift kit, camber, and toe arms) since they make a great product and Jesse Tong is a class act.

BTW check this guy's MY out - pretty similar setup to ours (although I'm not sure I'd run KO2's at over 40lbs per tire): Off Road Tesla

Looks great. I also stealthed my MSM MYLR and then did a ceramic coat over and it really takes it to another level.

Highly suggest it. Also costs a lot less if your car already has PPF on it bc it’s easier to put on.
The STEK is hydrophobic coated from the factory....i think that is sufficient but will look into the coating if i see that the gloss is lacking after a bit.

Reactions: jayw54
No lift yet - just stock MYLR suspension height. I'm starting to like the current ride height but am still going to do a slight lift. I canceled my order with UP for their coilovers after reading all the complaints about NVH plus their customer service and timeliness in responding to my questions was pretty lackluster. I am going with MPP for everything (coilovers plus lift kit, camber, and toe arms) since they make a great product and Jesse Tong is a class act.

BTW check this guy's MY out - pretty similar setup to ours (although I'm not sure I'd run KO2's at over 40lbs per tire): Off Road Tesla

That's too bad on the UPs. Looks like MPP lead time is much lower too. Did you find a local installer for them?

That link has some great pics!

Some before and after.

As soon as we got the MYP delivered, we immediately swapped out the 21 Uberturbines for the 19 Geminis because we needed to put snow tires on them for a family trip to Utah.

This is how it looked the day after delivery with the Geminis, no aero caps on.
20211221_100451.jpg

And now that we're back from that trip, finally had time to get her into the shop. This is what it looks like now with Xpel Stealth PPF + Suntek ceramic tint + Geminis powder-coated satin black.
20220127_095039.jpg

Honestly it's different, it's cool, but if I had to choose which one I like more, it's a hard call. I was perfectly happy with the original look. But figured if I was doing PPF anyways, might as well try the matte and have something different. Also the matte is a way to force the shop to make sure the ppf wraps around every bit of visible edge so nothing is missed.

But for @Mulkogi - here's a dirty car pic for you. It's a handsome car any way you look at it though.
1643409290649.png

Attachments

• 1643409215769.png
    1643409215769.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 153