Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Picture of your Model Y - Right Now!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG-5972.jpg

What's that step looking thing you have attached to the hitch point?

called a bumper stepper. I park in the city a lot and ppl here can't park sh1t! thats one purpose, my other purpose is for easy access to my hitch. I haul bicycles a lot and I have my bike carrier in the trunk. That OEM cover is a bitch to remove and I don't want to scratch up the bumper area. And I don't liked the look from leaving the cover off.

I can't a find a better solution, if you guys have any, please share. TIA!

Last edited:

called a bumper stepper. I park in the city a lot and ppl here can't park sh1t! thats one purpose, my other purpose is for easy access to my hitch. I haul bicycles a lot and I have my bike carrier in the trunk. That OEM cover is a bitch to remove and I don't want to scratch up the bumper area. And I don't liked the look from leaving the cover off.

Ahh I see - yeah I used to live in NYC so I feel ya on sh1tty parking! The only bumper protectors I've ever seen were those big mat looking things that draped over the back. The one you have looks much nicer!

Is it strong enough to step on? I think it could also be helpful if kids are trying to climb in the trunk from the outside (we sometimes like to have car picnics and sit in the trunk when weather is nice.)

I’ve had this for a week so not yet sure on durability but so far it works great! Tow Hitch Cover for Tesla Model Y

Ahh I see - yeah I used to live in NYC so I feel ya on sh1tty parking! The only bumper protectors I've ever seen were those big mat looking things that draped over the back. The one you have looks much nicer!

Is it strong enough to step on? I think it could also be helpful if kids are trying to climb in the trunk from the outside (we sometimes like to have car picnics and sit in the trunk when weather is nice.)

yes. I’m 5’2 and 160. and I step on it to get into my trunk without touching my rear bumper if needed to grab something from the backseat. Also to clean the rear windshield if needed from bird poop. Lol

Reactions: dagug
yes. I’m 5’2 and 160. and I step on it to get into my trunk without touching my rear bumper if needed to grab something from the backseat. Also to clean the rear windshield if needed from bird poop. Lol
I see how it looks in profile, could you take a picture of it from the rear? You have piqued my interest in this idea. Also, did you get the one that locks?