Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Picture of your Model Y - Right Now!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2022 MYP
277004786_10160088375648699_1715756395048783399_n.jpg
276322148_10160088375438699_4800750734264104391_n.jpg
DSC01797-2.JPEG

View attachment 788621
about 2wk ago, lady ran the red light and t bone wife’s car and totaled.
We need a car asap, luckily able to pick up Y Performance in grey color this weekend
til another the black performance arrived in June-July
will see if i can even trade in
Glad your wife is OK! What a mess! The damage doesn't look THAT bad, yet why are Tesla's so prone to being totaled? The last time an insurance company totaled my car I was beyond frustrated and disappointed with their valuation. It didn't cover the cost of a comparable car, but what they determined the value was, and as soon as they cut the check I was thrown to the wolves. No more rental car, no additional time to find wheels. Bleh....dealing with insurance companies is such a mess.

Glad your wife is OK! What a mess! The damage doesn't look THAT bad, yet why are Tesla's so prone to being totaled? The last time an insurance company totaled my car I was beyond frustrated and disappointed with their valuation. It didn't cover the cost of a comparable car, but what they determined the value was, and as soon as they cut the check I was thrown to the wolves. No more rental car, no additional time to find wheels. Bleh....dealing with insurance companies is such a mess.
thanks!
the sub frame and the battery was damage, and all the airbags pop, I wouldn't want the car even they able to repair it, especially with EV car the battery are so sensitive who knows what would happen later.
this is why is good to have attorney deal with big accident like this, and fortunately in our case the current value of the car appreciate instead of depreciate, so we were able to source another new Y without put more money

Reactions: taumax
thanks!
the sub frame and the battery was damage, and all the airbags pop, I wouldn't want the car even they able to repair it, especially with EV car the battery are so sensitive who knows what would happen later.
this is why is good to have attorney deal with big accident like this, and fortunately in our case the current value of the car appreciate instead of depreciate, so we were able to source another new Y without put more money
Wow! For taking that much damage, the exterior appearance wasn’t that bad! The Tesla sure held up well & did it’s job! Thanks for sharing your experience, hopefully you don’t have to wait too long to get into a new Y!

I decided to test a product that I've been curious about (Adam's Graphene Spray Coating) while my paint was still in good shape. So I stripped the Turtle Wax and put on two coats of the Adams spray over the course of a few days.

It's hard to tell from a bunch of iPhone photos, but the Adam's is noticeably different. The Turtle Wax Hybrid Ceramic has a lot of qualities of a true ceramic coating (excellent gloss and slickness, quite hydrophobic). The properties of the Adam's Graphene spray are even further towards a coating. It has a subtle darkening effect on paint and trim like most coatings, and it beads and sheds water like crazy--reminds me of CQuartz UK in how it does that.

Downside is the application is also more towards a real coating. You have to really try to screw up the Turtle Wax, which is pretty much a spray on/wipe off. The Adam's is trickier to apply and you have to time the removal to allow the product to flash onto the paint but not to sit so long it starts to high spot. And it smells awful; strong solvent scent again like a real coating.

I don't mind doing a tricky application so for me it is going to come down to longevity. If Adam's can keep the beading and gloss for 6-12 months like advertised, it is a winner for me. But I'd recommend the Turtle Wax to most people simply based on easy of use and low risk of making a mistake that's a pain to fix.

i-rxzxdd2-XL.jpg

i-QsSHLMm-XL.jpg

Follow-up post on this as the Adams Graphene continues to really impress. It's been a couple of months since application, and the car has been through lots of rain, a bit of snow, and nearly weekly washes. The beading is still going strong and paint looks great. Have done nothing to reapply or top off the coating. In my experience the Turtle Wax ceramic would be basically done by now. I've even put the Adams on a mountain bike that gets thrashed at least once a week and its holding up there as well.

IMG_0808.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: DavidAsheville