Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Picture of your Model Y - Right Now!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How long did it take?
The actual application was really fast with the right microfiber towels. Maybe around 15-20 minutes after the car was freshly washed and dried. Took me 2 hours total though I'm not the most efficient at washing.

That involved using my pressure washer with wide spray nozzle to wash/rinse the car, spray foam and let it drip off, then spray foam again and then use wash mitts to get any remnant gunk off the car. Followed by a thorough rinse with my pressure washer. Than dry using Griot's PFM towel which is amazing and made drying a less than 5 minute job. After all that, I put on the 3-in-1 ceramic wax. Just make sure you have good absorbent microfiber towels for application. My first attempt was a disaster with cheap microfiber towels that just pushed the wax around without absorbing anything.

Reactions: samori01
The actual application was really fast with the right microfiber towels. Maybe around 15-20 minutes after the car was freshly washed and dried. Took me 2 hours total though I'm not the most efficient at washing.

That involved using my pressure washer with wide spray nozzle to wash/rinse the car, spray foam and let it drip off, then spray foam again and then use wash mitts to get any remnant gunk off the car. Followed by a thorough rinse with my pressure washer. Than dry using Griot's PFM towel which is amazing and made drying a less than 5 minute job. After all that, I put on the 3-in-1 ceramic wax. Just make sure you have good absorbent microfiber towels for application. My first attempt was a disaster with cheap microfiber towels that just pushed the wax around without absorbing anything.
Sounds like a lot of work for something that will last about a week or so and a day or two if rains.

My ride, after swapping the original 21" with power coated 19" Gemini wheels. Better ride quality and hopefully longer battery range. 🤞😁👍

20220606_185157.jpg

Sounds like a lot of work for something that will last about a week or so and a day or two if rains.
Lasts for over a year. Highly rated and has been independently tested by several people. Also, all of that "work" is pretty much the baseline work anyone washing a dirty car has to do. The actual coating on a clean car was effortless and *way* easier than DIYing a full-on commercial grade ceramic coating.

Source -

Last edited:
Lasts for over a year. Highly rated and has been independently tested by several people. Also, all of that "work" is pretty much the baseline work anyone washing a dirty car has to do. The actual coating on a clean car was effortless and *way* easier than DIYing a full-on commercial grade ceramic coating.

Source -
Do you really think this test on non moving hood in the drive way is proof of long lasting effect of spray wax?? Remember, your car moves and the surface has to endure all kinds of harsh environment. These so called "spray on" ceramic coating is no match for the real ceramic coating like THIS, which will last several years with the actual moving vehicle.

Do you really think this test on non moving hood in the drive way is proof of long lasting effect of spray wax?? Remember, your car moves and the surface has to endure all kinds of harsh environment. These so called "spray on" ceramic coating is no match for the real ceramic coating like THIS, which will last several years with the actual moving vehicle.
Lol, not sure why you're taking this so personally. People are welcome to use commercial ceramic coatings if they choose to just as those using high quality spray on waxes like Griot's 3-in-1. You're the one spreading FUD about it lasting only "a week and for one rain shower" when I showed you otherwise and plenty of people have had it on their daily driver and remain effective over a year. These are a lot easier to apply and easier to deal with if you end up with streaking or have issues during application. I'm all for others who want to DIY regular ceramic coatings or pay shops to paint correct and apply it for them. It isn't some absolute competition and there are valid reasons on both sides to choose the right product that makes sense. Anyways, apologies to others for this derailment of this thread. This is the last I have to say on this matter here. Back to ogling some cars!

Lol, not sure why you're taking this so personally. People are welcome to use commercial ceramic coatings if they choose to just as those using high quality spray on waxes like Griot's 3-in-1. You're the one spreading FUD about it lasting only "a week and for one rain shower" when I showed you otherwise and plenty of people have had it on their daily driver and remain effective over a year. These are a lot easier to apply and easier to deal with if you end up with streaking or have issues during application. I'm all for others who want to DIY regular ceramic coatings or pay shops to paint correct and apply it for them. It isn't some absolute competition and there are valid reasons on both sides to choose the right product that makes sense. Anyways, apologies to others for this derailment of this thread. This is the last I have to say on this matter here. Back to ogling some cars!
Sorry, stating the facts is not personal. It might hurt your feelings and pride but it is true. When you try to prove something, you have to have the same control group and test your theory.
No one applies wax on their cars and never drive or move for a year and say this stuff works and lasted a year!

• Funny
Reactions: orion2001