Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Picture of your Model Y - Right Now!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How did you avoid the issue with the brake calipers getting blocked with smaller wheels? What do you use during the summer? Who installed this for you?

How did you avoid the issue with the brake calipers getting blocked with smaller wheels? What do you use during the summer? Who installed this for you?

As far as the calipers, luck? Have not heard of that issue....as far as summer shoes hoping to go with these - TSW® - BATHURST Gloss Gunmetal

I had Discount tire do the swap, as they do not charge to do a winter/summer swap.

As far as the calipers, luck? Have not heard of that issue....as far as summer shoes hoping to go with these - TSW® - BATHURST Gloss Gunmetal

I had Discount tire do the swap, as they do not charge to do a winter/summer swap.
Tesla Service told me I need to stick with 21” because of wheel clearance over the brake calipers. I see a lot of MYP owners with 19-20” so I am unsure what has to be done to avoid this issue.

Plus I’m sure Discount Tire would have told you something.

I go back and forth on 19s vs 20s and these wheels......

1668798313544.png

Agreed, I think Tesla Service has to tell people that. I really like the look of the 21's but the ride is nicer on the 19s.
And are your rear

View attachment 875942
I’m always worried about getting the right wheel because of wheels that are not made well that can’t bend etccc. Are your rears a different size then the front?

View attachment 875942
That is an expensive set close to almost $600CAD each. $300CAD more per wheel and you got yourself a custom EFR fully forged wheel.

I’m rocking TSWs as well but for winter tires - the bronze Pescara in 20x10 ET40. I paid $1650CAD including shipping and a small discount which is about only $1232USD.

I would shop around or at least wait for coupon codes.

PeLTD8M.jpg

That is an expensive set close to almost $600CAD each. $300CAD more per wheel and you got yourself a custom EFR fully forged wheel.

I’m rocking TSWs as well but for winter tires - the bronze Pescara in 20x10 ET40. I paid $1650CAD including shipping and a small discount which is about only $1232USD.

I would shop around or at least wait for coupon codes.

PeLTD8M.jpg

Do you have a full shot of your car and these wheels?