Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pick MYLR (Don't know if Fremont or Austin) next week or MYSR (Austin) by end of July?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Two weeks ago, I was offered to take delivery of MYSR instead of my original MYLR reservation, I choose that option, paid in full (just before the price hike), Austin VIN was assigned, but I was out of town from the very next day and couldn't take delivery, so the vin got reassigned to someone else.
Now, tesla site says I need to wait until end of july for the same MYSR configuration, when I called, they offer immediate delivery of MYLR for $1000 more.

50 miles of extra range is tempting, but if MYSR eventually charges much faster, it might be a wash. Would there be a material improvement in charging speed over time?
I can afford to wait, have another car to get by until then, but not sure if it is the right choice.

What would you recommend? Anything else to consider?

Two weeks ago, I was offered to take delivery of MYSR instead of my original MYLR reservation, I choose that option, paid in full (just before the price hike), Austin VIN was assigned, but I was out of town from the very next day and couldn't take delivery, so the vin got reassigned to someone else.
Now, tesla site says I need to wait until end of july for the same MYSR configuration, when I called, they offer immediate delivery of MYLR for $1000 more.

50 miles of extra range is tempting, but if MYSR eventually charges much faster, it might be a wash. Would there be a material improvement in charging speed over time?
I can afford to wait, have another car to get by until then, but not sure if it is the right choice.

Get the LR. The SR only has benefits for Tesla, not the end-user.

Noone knows if charge speeds will improve, but I feel like most of us don't expect them to ever exceed the mylr speeds with the current hardware.