Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pick Up Day 2021 SR+ M3 didn’t go well!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered 10/18
Delivery date 11/14
West Palm Beach, FL Service Center

ordered M3 SR+ blue/ white interior/sport wheels
Wanted to share my pick up experience..

I got a call a day before confirming my pick up date. This was supposed to be a fast easy check out, as Tesla calls it “express checkout” well let’s just say it didn’t go so well!
Appointment was made for 11am. They told me just show up and you’ll see your car with you name on it and you can go ahead and accept delivery of the car within the app. I didn’t make my final payment until I was on the lot and visually inspected the car.

Long story short I made my payment and I hit “accept delivery” on the Tesla account but it seems like their server was acting slow. My page sat there loading for a good 10 -15 mins. There was another person picking up and said the same thing about the process to accept delivery took long as well..Well I finally decided to go into their show room and use their computer to log in to my Tesla account and accept delivery.

This seemed to be a lot quicker. Once accepted I open the app to try and unlock the car. I received an error message in the app “Mobile access disabled” which means the app won’t unlock the car. I am locked out of the car and the key cards are inside the cup holders...so I go to one of the SA (not my original SA) and said “I’m getting this error message, why is that?” ... she looked at the message and said “hmmm I’ve never seen that before, let me go get a tech” ... tech comes out and says “he hasn’t seen this before when it comes to accepting the car for the first time” ..

I said ok so what do I do. We log out of the app, log back in, tried this 2-3 times and nothing. So I’m asking ok do you have some type of master key that you can unlock this or make a spare key for this car and they said no they didn’t have either... so that left them no choice but to physically BREAK INTO the car!

The tech had to pry the window and stick an inflatable air bag so they can take a coat hanger and press the unlock button at the handle of the door! I couldn’t believe this was the ONLY solution to get into the car for the first time. Once they were able to unlock the car the found the setting on the info center turned off! So this car came out of the factory with “Mobile Access disabled” !

Unbelievable! So if you take delivery and can’t unlock your car it’s probably because this setting is turned off! Was not pleased that I had to break into my car in order to unlock it for the very first time!

(moderator note: welcome to TMC. your post got flagged as a new account for review. in the process of reviewing your post I added spacing to make it easier to read. I made no other changes other than to add spacing).

Attachments

• A1AE3E37-E699-4C04-A2D6-3FBEA5A712C4.png
    A1AE3E37-E699-4C04-A2D6-3FBEA5A712C4.png
    228 KB · Views: 137
  • F575DBF7-12CC-4DD2-A620-E3318411F169.jpeg
    F575DBF7-12CC-4DD2-A620-E3318411F169.jpeg
    855.7 KB · Views: 137
Weird. I had a Ranger come service my car and received a text that he was coming early. so I was racing to meet him at the house so I could unlock it for him. I told him about it during the service and he said he could unlock my car with his laptop, I didn't need to be home. Wonder why the service center couldn't?....

Well I guess they weren't smart enough to open a repair order, that will allow the techs to remotely unlock the car from their laptops....It's like the first thing you learn when you work at Tesla. lol

Sorry to hear, sounds a little better than mine however. I got a phone call this aft, that my pick up tomorrow had to be cancelled. My body panels are so bad that the service techs can't adjust them enough. It's goin to a body shop. Lol. Little do they know I'll be rejecting the car as soon as it gets back.

Reactions: Choncho
I got a phone call this aft, that my pick up tomorrow had to be cancelled. My body panels are so bad that the service techs can't adjust them enough. It's goin to a body shop. Lol. Little do they know I'll be rejecting the car as soon as it gets back.

Don't be too quick to reject it.

My car had paint issues that the service center caught (before I saw it). My delivery was postposed for 10 days while the car was in the body shop. The body shop did a great job - probably better than Tesla's normal paint job. I was super happy with the results.

I was pleased that the service center inspected it and did the right thing. Your car may look great...