Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pick up @Dedham, MA in a couple of weeks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

NicB72

Supporting Member
Jun 25, 2016
Concord, MA
Picking up my Model S 75D from Dedham, MA in a couple of weeks. Reading about quite a lot of variation in swag that people are getting when they pick up their car. What should I expect ?

By the way the swag isn't the most important aspect of the pickup - its the awesome car but I do like swag, hence why I always take an extra bag when I go to tech conferences :)

Reactions: Snow Drift
Congrats!

I picked up in Dedham in August. They gave me a Tesla gift bag that contained a Tesla pen, mug, and umbrella.

A few tips on pick up- Make sure to closely examine the paint to make certain there are no swirls or aberrations. I found something strange on the frunk area that required some work following delivery. Also if you have a smart phone make sure they give you the right attachments for it.

Overall I had a good experience with staff and they are very courteous and professional. My car actually ended up coming early and it took a while to have my NEMA 14-50 plug installed so I was charging off of 110 (not recommended).

Hope you enjoy your new car!

Reactions: NicB72
Congrats!

I picked up in Dedham in August. They gave me a Tesla gift bag that contained a Tesla pen, mug, and umbrella.

A few tips on pick up- Make sure to closely examine the paint to make certain there are no swirls or aberrations. I found something strange on the frunk area that required some work following delivery. Also if you have a smart phone make sure they give you the right attachments for it.

Overall I had a good experience with staff and they are very courteous and professional. My car actually ended up coming early and it took a while to have my NEMA 14-50 plug installed so I was charging off of 110 (not recommended).

Hope you enjoy your new car!

Thanks Logan5,
I remember your post and conversation about the issues you had.
My wall charger gets installed 5days after pickup - so I will feel your 110V pain for a few days as well !

The Dedham crew are great! They'll really take care of you.

Back in August 2013, when I took delivery of my P85+, I used a checklist that a TMC member had drawn up. I am blanking on the member's name and what I did with the checklist since then. But it was really handy: it helped direct my attention to pretty much every part of the car, so that I would consciously think whether there was an issue that I wanted to have the service team address. So you might search around this website for that checklist.

Enjoy your new Model S!!

Best regards,
Alan

The Dedham crew are great! They'll really take care of you.

Back in August 2013, when I took delivery of my P85+, I used a checklist that a TMC member had drawn up. I am blanking on the member's name and what I did with the checklist since then. But it was really handy: it helped direct my attention to pretty much every part of the car, so that I would consciously think whether there was an issue that I wanted to have the service team address. So you might search around this website for that checklist.

Enjoy your new Model S!!

Best regards,
Alan
I got the checklist from the forum a few weeks ago as well. Can't find the link either, but its about 2pages long and great stuff.

I used a checklist that a TMC member had drawn up. [ I ]t was really handy: it helped direct my attention to pretty much every part of the car, so that I would consciously think whether there was an issue that I wanted to have the service team address.
Was the last thing on the check list "Ask Tesla DS why you had to bring this checklist and why he didn't have one equal or better in his hand when he first greeted you"?

Was the last thing on the check list "Ask Tesla DS why you had to bring this checklist and why he didn't have one equal or better in his hand when he first greeted you"?

Hi, @RogerHScott,

I try to avoid the snark.

Also, while not a car guy, I'd like to verify as much as I can for myself rather than rely on the person selling it to me. "Trust, but verify".

Alan

I picked up in Watertown (Dedham wasn't open) a couple years ago. I read the list many times but didn't whip it out when taking delivery. I just went slowly over the car and tried to cover all the major areas that had had issues I'd read about. The hardest part is to go slow and take your time. The DS has a routine they want to get through, you want to get in the car and drive, and you may (like me) have family members wondering what the heck you're doing. But at $100K it was a big purchase and I wanted to make sure it was right.

I had a couple things which were learning things (and my DS didn't even know at the time) and then a few things that needed to be corrected after delivery (rear seat heaters didn't work, turned out a reboot solved that).

Overall they did a great job and that was a couple years ago. Dedham has done a lot of deliveries since then and they're a great team.

Welcome to the family!

As an update I decided to cancel and reorder with AP2. Difficult decision but as I intend to keep for a while it just made sense to me. New delivery date is still to be calculated but I am told late December is likely. Just in time for January snow :(

As an update I decided to cancel and reorder with AP2. Difficult decision but as I intend to keep for a while it just made sense to me. New delivery date is still to be calculated but I am told late December is likely. Just in time for January snow :(
I would have done the same thing. Don't look back and be patient with AP2, it may not be everything it should be when you get it but I'm sure it will get there.

Reactions: David29 and NicB72

In a way I'm a bit envious even though I have a relatively new car. I think I may have done something similar if I were in your situation.

Keep us updated! I'm definitely curious to hear what your experience with AP 2.0 will be.