TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Pick up @Dedham, MA in a couple of weeks

Discussion in 'Model S' started by NicB72, Oct 14, 2016.

1. NicB72

NicB72 Member

Picking up my Model S 75D from Dedham, MA in a couple of weeks. Reading about quite a lot of variation in swag that people are getting when they pick up their car. What should I expect ?

By the way the swag isn't the most important aspect of the pickup - its the awesome car but I do like swag, hence why I always take an extra bag when I go to tech conferences :)

• Like x 1
  2. Logan5

Logan5 Member

Congrats!

I picked up in Dedham in August. They gave me a Tesla gift bag that contained a Tesla pen, mug, and umbrella.

A few tips on pick up- Make sure to closely examine the paint to make certain there are no swirls or aberrations. I found something strange on the frunk area that required some work following delivery. Also if you have a smart phone make sure they give you the right attachments for it.

Overall I had a good experience with staff and they are very courteous and professional. My car actually ended up coming early and it took a while to have my NEMA 14-50 plug installed so I was charging off of 110 (not recommended).

Hope you enjoy your new car!

• Like x 1
  3. NicB72

NicB72 Member

Thanks Logan5,
    I remember your post and conversation about the issues you had.
    My wall charger gets installed 5days after pickup - so I will feel your 110V pain for a few days as well !

4. joebiker25

joebiker25 Member

I got the standard swag bag with umbrella, coffee mug, pen and 2 pins. I bought the Tesla Weather Tech mats at the same time as well as the cable organizer.

5. Pollux

Pollux Member

The Dedham crew are great! They'll really take care of you.

Back in August 2013, when I took delivery of my P85+, I used a checklist that a TMC member had drawn up. I am blanking on the member's name and what I did with the checklist since then. But it was really handy: it helped direct my attention to pretty much every part of the car, so that I would consciously think whether there was an issue that I wanted to have the service team address. So you might search around this website for that checklist.

Enjoy your new Model S!!

Best regards,
    Alan

• Like x 1
  6. Saghost

Saghost Active Member

I think the pen, mug, and umbrella is pretty much standard from what I've seen. That's also what I got.

7. NicB72

NicB72 Member

I got the checklist from the forum a few weeks ago as well. Can't find the link either, but its about 2pages long and great stuff.

8. NicB72

NicB72 Member

My kids are probably going to have to come with me for pick up as we have to head down to CT after for an event for them. Wonder if they will get something ! :)

9. RogerHScott

RogerHScott Active Member

Was the last thing on the check list "Ask Tesla DS why you had to bring this checklist and why he didn't have one equal or better in his hand when he first greeted you"?

• Like x 1
  10. RogerHScott

When we did our test drive (just my wife and I) they gave us Tesla Drivers Group caps for the whole family.

• Like x 1
  11. Pollux

Pollux Member

Hi, @RogerHScott,

I try to avoid the snark.

Also, while not a car guy, I'd like to verify as much as I can for myself rather than rely on the person selling it to me. "Trust, but verify".

Alan

• Like x 1
  12. tliving

tliving Member

I picked up in Watertown (Dedham wasn't open) a couple years ago. I read the list many times but didn't whip it out when taking delivery. I just went slowly over the car and tried to cover all the major areas that had had issues I'd read about. The hardest part is to go slow and take your time. The DS has a routine they want to get through, you want to get in the car and drive, and you may (like me) have family members wondering what the heck you're doing. But at $100K it was a big purchase and I wanted to make sure it was right.

I had a couple things which were learning things (and my DS didn't even know at the time) and then a few things that needed to be corrected after delivery (rear seat heaters didn't work, turned out a reboot solved that).

Overall they did a great job and that was a couple years ago. Dedham has done a lot of deliveries since then and they're a great team.

Welcome to the family!

13. NicB72

NicB72 Member

As an update I decided to cancel and reorder with AP2. Difficult decision but as I intend to keep for a while it just made sense to me. New delivery date is still to be calculated but I am told late December is likely. Just in time for January snow :(

14. tliving

tliving Member

I would have done the same thing. Don't look back and be patient with AP2, it may not be everything it should be when you get it but I'm sure it will get there.

• Like x 2
  15. Ormond

Ormond Member

Did you lose your deposit?

16. NicB72

NicB72 Member

Unfortunately yes. But for me I felt it was worth it. Each person has to work out the value to them :)

• Like x 3
  17. RogerHScott

Aha! That's Tesla's angle on this! They're getting a boost in Q4 revenue from all of those forfeited deposits.
    Talk about money for nothing. ;)

• Like x 1
  18. Chaz

Chaz Big Kahuna

That is the best saying I've heard on here in a while! So many people are getting mad about things they cannot control, nor accurately predict. Do what's right for you and regardless of what version you have/get, enjoy this awesome car.

• Like x 2
  19. Logan5

Logan5 Member

In a way I'm a bit envious even though I have a relatively new car. I think I may have done something similar if I were in your situation.

Keep us updated! I'm definitely curious to hear what your experience with AP 2.0 will be.

• Like x 1
  20. Pollux

Pollux Member

And your chicks for free!

• Funny x 2