Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pick-up truck scratched my Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, I knew it wasn't 100 percent, I am willing to accept a loss of $425 if I have to, he could have just ran off and be nothing I could do. But so far, he hasn't ignored me, so I'll work with him. If he intended to ignore me, I think he would have done it a week after it happened.

I just told him what cashless options can you do? So far, he seems he wants to give me a Target gift card worth $269, by returning beats he has. I just talked to him on the phone again. Its going to be blind faith, in hoping something will happen. He may be busy, but I don't think he has forgotten about me.

I'll update and see what happens. There is def no guarantee for anything, but he hasn't ignored me for the past month, I never hounded him down, I just try getting an update within a reasonable time so he can take care of his kids and still try resolve my issue.

I'll see how the Target gift card option goes. I'm trying to give him options so he can take care of his other expenses while still having a way to repay me. I dunno how $425 comes to most people, I just had that sitting in my safe in cash, likely from an AC unit I sold on Craigslist for $700.
If it makes you feel better my friend never repaid me 3k. I just wrote it off as a life lesson and moved on. Am I mad about that? No. Am I less trusting, yes I am.

Reactions: brkaus
If it makes you feel better my friend never repaid me 3k. I just wrote it off as a life lesson and moved on. Am I mad about that? No. Am I less trusting, yes I am.

Yeah, I can handle that if it has to be that way. Even if he really wanted to pay me back, maybe the money is simply not there. Even though its just $425, not even close to $3000. For $3000, I would imagine even the most karma thinking person may consider backing out. I still have faith just because he hasn't ignored me yet, if he does ignore me and I don't get paid, then I'll accept he backed out. But even as a guy who's not my friend, he never ignored me more than 24 hours, which is better than nothing.

Even then, he could have chose to just run off. Even when he had no idea if the damage was only $400, but he still stuck around even if it could have been $2000-3000.

I don't think the police would even get involved much even if I tried, I have no idea if authorities would enforce fender benders or small scrapes.

Well, I do have an update.

The guy did pay me $265 in a Target Gift Card. And it was all legit because I spent the entire amount on Beats Pro & UrBeats3. Now the remaining balance is $135. Right now, he proposed AirPods or Dave & Busters powercard (which I can use because I'm an AP and get prizes for cheap). But at least I got over 50% of it paid off, so we will figure out the rest later. But its alot better to have something that nothing, so its a good start, and I can take his word that he will make things right, he repeatedly talks about karma and how strongly he believes in it.

And his mom is going to adopt my baby bunnies, which is great so I don't have to ask around anymore, and I know someone serious wants them. At least 90 percent sure, we set a date for her to come get the bunnies.

Well, I do have an update.

The guy did pay me $265 in a Target Gift Card. And it was all legit because I spent the entire amount on Beats Pro & UrBeats3. Now the remaining balance is $135. Right now, he proposed AirPods or Dave & Busters powercard (which I can use because I'm an AP and get prizes for cheap). But at least I got over 50% of it paid off, so we will figure out the rest later. But its alot better to have something that nothing, so its a good start, and I can take his word that he will make things right, he repeatedly talks about karma and how strongly he believes in it.

And his mom is going to adopt my baby bunnies, which is great so I don't have to ask around anymore, and I know someone serious wants them. At least 90 percent sure, we set a date for her to come get the bunnies.
Rabbits make for a good stew... why aren’t you making stew?

Rabbits make for a good stew... why aren’t you making stew?

I mean I am not vegetarian so I'm not going to make any opinion if rabbit stew is wrong while we continue to eat cheeseburgers.

Plus I don't know what part of USA or the world you have to be in to have access to rabbit meat. I never found rabbit stew or meat in So. California, I think people here would be offended to eat a cute animal.

But no these bunnies are for cuddling. The bunny in my avatar is the dad.

• Love
Reactions: MichaelP90DL
I get that you were trying to work with him but if he was hesitant with licence and insurance he may just decide not to pony up. He did hang around and not leave which speaks well. Also that’s never going to buff out. It can be repaired or replaced. I had my rear bumper repaired and repainted and they did a great job. About $1000 including a new sensor.

Well, he did pony up, but just not in cash. I got a $265 Target gift card from him, so that paid over half of it.

Now its likely going to be one of his electronics for the last $160. He is telling me that he is selling stuff to the pawn shop for gas money and taxes expenses. At first I thought he was just being stingy, but it really seems he is short on money. I feel selling things to the pawn shop is a bad value, you would have been better off not buying those products. It's hard to flip full retail electronics, everyone will just low ball you. I can only profit from Dave and Busters prizes because I'm good enough to get a $300 retail Nintendo Switch for $100-115.

I dunno why he still drives Ford F150, he like pawn one thing and that's only one tank of gas. While an EV owner could find free charging if they really wanted to, they may just have to compete against other EV cheapskates who want free charging. I'm just hoping EV charging remains cheap. Would be funny if one day people say they gotta pawn stuff off for charging.

Reactions: 03DSG
Yeah. He has a business. Ask him for the address, then drop in on him. LOL

I think he will pay off his debt, probably not in cash though. I'll just be nice about it and honor full value for whatever electronic he gives me, even if its open box, just as long as its respectable condition.

He thought I was rich for driving a Tesla Model 3. Even though there are tons of these on the road, I would assume people get these confused to new Toyota Camrys.

Well, I hope he doesn't find out my dad bought 2 brand new Mercedes. GLC AMG 63 Edition 1 Aug 2018 and recently the new S-450 Jan 2020.

And 3 houses, all paid off.

I don't understand why people would resort to pawning things off for money. This guy is financing an iPhone 11 Pro Max, I don't understand how he can be broke and own a flagship iPhone. He didn't even consider getting the cheaper iPhone 11 (non pro version). And I think he upgraded from an iPhone XS, which is like... why, its only a year old. I'm waiting for the 2020 iPhone because people say Apple does major overhauls in 3 year intervals.

I could have afforded to upgrade to iPhone 11, but chose not to. Mainly because there wasn't any discount good enough to entice me. Plus I want to reduce e-waste and contribute by using my iPhone longer. I don't wanna be that sucker who upgrades every year for a slight update. I'm hoping iPhone 12 will be worth the upgrade and waiting around for an iPhone X (2017) user. I tried not to upgrade when the iPhone X came out, but my iPhone 6+ ran outta battery fast, and I really wanted to use wireless charging, and Tmobile had a $300 discount deal for a iPhone 6 trade in w/ 2 year commitment, so I was like whatever.

Last edited:
Reactions: MichaelP90DL
Accidents unfortunately happen. It does not depend on the brand of the car. I hope your car was insured

It wasn't much, just some paint scratched off, easy fix though. Nothing really worth claiming through insurance. Only $425

But that guy flaked out on me. He only paid me back $265 in a Target gift card, and we were gonna figure out the remaining $160. Then 2 months went by, he kept saying he wanted to wait for his tax money. I just tell him can you pay me w/ your Dave and Busters card that's worth $100 and fix my iPhone 6 plus, and call it a deal? Even allowing him to use cashless options, he still doesn't wanna give up that Dave and Busters card. At this point, I just feel he is being selfish. He even told me he went to Knotts Berry Farm, which I really hated him telling me that likely equals $130-160, but said nothing b/c I was still at his mercy if he wanted to pay me back.

I guess he hates rich people b/c he thinks I'm rich for having a Tesla Model 3. Even though he has a financed iPhone 11 and I'm still using an iPhone X. He doesn't seem very financially responsible, he tells me he has tons of credit card debt, divorce payments, and he can only afford financial plans, can't even pay off an iPhone 11 in cash.

I just don't care anymore, I knew I'd be lucky to get anything back. I tried giving this guy a chance, he said to give him a chance, but I guess when things didn't work out he just bails on me, and says I ****ed up for asking him if he can pay.