Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Picked her up yesterday, happy to report it's as amazing as you think.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Only about 5 hours of driving but man is it fun. No issues that I found, car looks and drives amazing. Took the family (three kids in car seats) out to dinner and they loved the acceleration, wife felt a little sick. :)

I was disappointed that I was told multiple incorrect things during the pickup, I'm thinking I should email them and let them know these things are incorrect so they stop telling people. The worst was that you either have to have the key card or click "start" in the app to use the car.

Attachments

• tesla.jpg
    tesla.jpg
    868.6 KB · Views: 115
Only about 5 hours of driving but man is it fun. No issues that I found, car looks and drives amazing. Took the family (three kids in car seats) out to dinner and they loved the acceleration, wife felt a little sick. :)

I was disappointed that I was told multiple incorrect things during the pickup, I'm thinking I should email them and let them know these things are incorrect so they stop telling people. The worst was that you either have to have the key card or click "start" in the app to use the car.

Ryan,

Your phone should allow you to open the car when you approach. The car turns on automatically once you open the door. The key card should be just a backup to your cell phone. Sounds like you didn't add your phone as a "key" to your vehicle??

Same color as mine, however, I haven't removed the aero wheel covers yet.

Ryan,

Your phone should allow you to open the car when you approach. The car turns on automatically once you open the door. The key card should be just a backup to your cell phone. Sounds like you didn't add your phone as a "key" to your vehicle??

Same color as mine, however, I haven't removed the aero wheel covers yet.

Right, the Tesla guy didn't know this. He told me I always have to hit start on the app or have the card which I was like 80% wasn't true but didn't say anything. After I stopped I tested this and was right, I can't imagine having to pull my phone out and hit start in the app every time.

Congratulations! So 3 car seats fit in the rear? Is it possible if you can post a picture?

Sorry, not a very good picture, but they fit. We were hoping our dog would fit on the floor too but it doesn't look like he'll fit but we're going to try this weekend. Kids are used to a Durango or Minivan so it's pretty different, they didn't really care though.

Attachments

• kids-tesla.jpg
    kids-tesla.jpg
    419.2 KB · Views: 98
See any blue ones with sport wheels in the back at Dedham? I have my delivery scheduled for this Friday at 5.
Probably the worst time of the week to try to drive down to Dedham from where I am in Lexington, but I wanted a time slot where my kids could come and the week was filling up fast for deliveries when I reserved my spot.

See any blue ones with sport wheels in the back at Dedham? I have my delivery scheduled for this Friday at 5.
Probably the worst time of the week to try to drive down to Dedham from where I am in Lexington, but I wanted a time slot where my kids could come and the week was filling up fast for deliveries when I reserved my spot.

It was mostly S's, they pull the cars out when you get there. I was there for only 20 mins, in and out, didn't need an in depth walkthrough. Nice people but the two guys I spoke with didn't own Telsa's so their experience was basically what they've been taught which means they don't know the little quirks.

Same with me, but different wrong info. He knew the phone and key stuff but a lot of other things were wrong, like he said WiFi would connect at home. I had to show him how to adjust the side mirrors to autotilt in reverse. He didnt know that existed. An email survey came a few days after delivery and I reported all the incorrect info the delivery person said. Training seemed almost nonexistent. He admitted it was only the second time he sat in a Model 3, but even so...

Right, the Tesla guy didn't know this. He told me I always have to hit start on the app or have the card which I was like 80% wasn't true but didn't say anything. After I stopped I tested this and was right, I can't imagine having to pull my phone out and hit start in the app every time.

Sorry, not a very good picture, but they fit. We were hoping our dog would fit on the floor too but it doesn't look like he'll fit but we're going to try this weekend. Kids are used to a Durango or Minivan so it's pretty different, they didn't really care though.

Happy to see other people filling their cars with family. We only have two kiddos, but I fully expect them to test the durability of this vehicle!

Saw a bunch of blue ones with sport wheels yesterday in Dedham when I picked mine up (blue with Aeros).