Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Picked up 117xxx 7 seater LR in NY yesterday

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Red LR 20's 3 row picked up yesterday
  • 117xxx vin with born on date of Feb 2020
  • New console
  • Heated steering wheel
  • Unknown Hepa status
Was cold AF yesterday driving back to CT, probably pulling the trigger on FSD and acceleration boost later today

Screen-Shot-2021-03-02-at-4-20-45-PM.png

Yep...VIN #s are bot sequential...what matters is the born on date...

Since you have the new center console I bet you the born on date for your car is Feb 7 or later...

I picked up a MY on Sunday that had a Feb 5 build date and yet my VIN is 121xxx...

I did not get the new center console...but for me that was a good thing...I like the old console better...but thats a matter of taste...thats all...

Reactions: Eskimo YoYo
Well, there is a functionality difference too, isn't there? The old console's wireless charger won't work with the iPhone 12 Pro Max in a MagSafe case, but the new console's wireless charger does?
That I don’t know...I have an iphone 11 and it works perfectly on this old wireless charger...it seems the wireless charger area in the new console is smaller than the new one...but again its just an observation...I dont have the facts...

That I don’t know...I have an iphone 11 and it works perfectly on this old wireless charger...it seems the wireless charger area in the new console is smaller than the new one...but again its just an observation...I dont have the facts...

I haven't gotten my Model Y yet (still waiting for a VIN match), but when I test drove the Model Y a couple weekends ago, my iPhone 12 Pro Max (in an Apple MagSafe case) wouldn't charge in the old console's wireless charger. Looking online, it looks like that's a common issue, and the new console fixes that. It seems like a lot of people agree that the old console's wireless charger felt like an afterthought, whereas the new console's wireless charger feels like it was designed to be there from the beginning.

Strange your higher vin had older console? Who knows, I’d be happy with either though, both great design.

@Eskimo YoYo Tesla doesn't build sequentially by SIN number, so this is not strange at all. What matters is the date the vehicle was built, not the VIN number. VIN can give you a general sense of how likely a particular vehicle will have a particular upgrade, but around times of transition (such as builds with old console to builds with new, and other upgrades/changes during production), looking at the VIN alone doesn't really tell you much.

Reactions: Eskimo YoYo