Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Picked up Inventory Model X 100D and the seats are stained with blue dye :(

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today I picked up the inventory Model X 100D Nov built one. It has 26 miles. As per them it's a display model. They didn't clean the car though they said, they did. Car seats has blue jeans dye and has wrinkles on the sides. 2 options they gave me is to reject the car or give to service to make it right, but they may not guarantee that all those marks will go off. :( As I got the car with the price of 93.5K with all the options(EAP, 6 seat, white exterior, white interior) that I want, I am not sure if I can find another car in that price range. He mentioned that car seats will come under warranty and they have a senior service person who will come on Monday and he can check that. I took the delivery hoping that they can do something in the service visit.

Coming to the car, except one or two cosmetic paint dents, it was perfect. Ride was super smooth and quite. I really enjoyed the drive. Only I am worried is the car seats issue :(. When I was reading forums, some one is mentioning that they have high quality solutions and they can make it better. Is it true?

IMG_7496.jpg

• Love
Reactions: P85_DA
Same issue here. Orange degreaser will make it better but it will not completely go away. Unfortunately at the moment the bottom seat cover is not available as a service part whereas it is for the S. Hoping it will eventually become available. Basically, you got a great deal with some wear and tear. It got a lot better with the degreaser... I figure at some point the bottom seat cover will become a separate part and I'll replace it then.

• Helpful
Reactions: Tforme
Today I picked up the inventory Model X 100D Nov built one. It has 26 miles. As per them it's a display model. They didn't clean the car though they said, they did. Car seats has blue jeans dye and has wrinkles on the sides. 2 options they gave me is to reject the car or give to service to make it right, but they may not guarantee that all those marks will go off. :( As I got the car with the price of 93.5K with all the options(EAP, 6 seat, white exterior, white interior) that I want, I am not sure if I can find another car in that price range. He mentioned that car seats will come under warranty and they have a senior service person who will come on Monday and he can check that. I took the delivery hoping that they can do something in the service visit.

Coming to the car, except one or two cosmetic paint dents, it was perfect. Ride was super smooth and quite. I really enjoyed the drive. Only I am worried is the car seats issue :(. When I was reading forums, some one is mentioning that they have high quality solutions and they can make it better. Is it true?

View attachment 399084
Start with simple baby wipes before other more extreme suggestions. Daerik YT video as reference

I knew how it got mine. The moment i received the car, it still reeked of some solvent that was on the sit. I did wear dark blue jeans. now it is there for 3 years, firmly in the seat. Good luck with cleaning it, though. If you manage to do that please share the recipe.

After owning MX with white seats in 2016 and getting rid of it, I don’t recommend for anyone to get Tesla UW seats. Not new and not inventory. Especially if you have any OCD at all, do not get white seats. Do you think WD40 and magic eraser is good on synthetic material? GL

After owning MX with white seats in 2016 and getting rid of it, I don’t recommend for anyone to get Tesla UW seats. Not new and not inventory. Especially if you have any OCD at all, do not get white seats. Do you think WD40 and magic eraser is good on synthetic material? GL

Mine is from 2016, and my seats are 97% same condition as when new,h delivered. But my entire family has retired our blue jeans.

I think you should hope for the best but prepare for the worst. Base on what I've read about white seats and blue jean transfer, it can be extremely difficult to remove. I'm guessing those stains have been embedded in the seats for quite a while too. If anyone is getting a showroom model, I would definitely avoid white seats. I think it would be unrealistic to expect not to get these type of stains with the number of people coming in and out of the vehicle. There used to be a Model X at my local mall with white seats and it had the same issue. With all that said, I'm sure if you used some of the cleaning tips provided by members on here, you could remove a good portion of the stains.

View attachment 399084

Here is a link you might find helpful:
http://www.stancehealthcare.com/pdf/poly_upholstery_fabrics.pdf

They list 20% bleach solution in water as a cleaning option for polyurethane seats. Bleach can get the blue out of blue jeans themselves. I think this might be worth trying. Good luck.