Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Picked up model Y 12/29/20

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yesterday we picked up our Model Y in Charlotte and I’m happy to report that there were no significant issues other than the rear drivers side seat not folding down. When I mentioned this to one of the sales advisors he said “they are new and fluffy and should breakin over time”.... I asked him how long that would take and did not get a precise answer. I decided to let it go and will either deal with it myself or schedule a home service call. They were quite busy trying to close the year out and maximize the delivery numbers. Great drive home and what a wonderful feeling to plug it in at home an be able to “fill it up “ !! This car has an 87xxx vin built on 12/12/20. All the most recent updates, double Paine windows, USB flash drive in the glove box, metal scroll wheels in steering wheel.

. BB81B34C-C587-48E9-9885-2F0413C8E9AE.jpeg

Last edited:
I agree don't go with the BS, I have the same issue with rear driver seat not folding down. I scheduled an SC appointment for next week and they plan to replace the switch.

Also you might want to check your driver's side mirror as this is another common problem. Most likely it is not going to far left out nor moving far up. You can compare it with how it is on the passenger side. There is a discussion thread here about this issue and a potential fix.

Congrats Carlvs, It's such an amazing car.

I have the same issue with rear driver seat not folding down.
I have the White interior and the switches work fine you can hear then engaging the release mech.
Problem is the Center Headrest padding is fat, If the Center Headrest is up a little the seats do not stick together and can be dropped down with the switch.
Wondering if center headrest fatness was same issue on any others and what the SC techs would do to fix that?
I'm not that concerned about it though. Might have a look to see if the cover is easily removeable and then trim the padding on the inside edge that makes contact with the top side of the seats.

They might be kinda right. When I picked up mine a month ago the rear seats would not fold down. The buttons made a noise but the seats wouldn't move.

I tried it last week and the budged slightly. Today I did it again and they folded down. I have a service appointment setup for next week. I might cancel it depending on how well they work over the next little while.

SC told me the same thing about my rear seats eventually breaking in... They said they have an easy fix which is putting a washer on the smaller seat. But the down side is that it raises the height of the seat about 2 inches giving it an uneven look. Decided to skip on that for now and schedule another appointment in 3 months. Im not really concern as my seat will fold when I press both sides at the same time. Only issue when I try to fold one side at a time.

• Helpful
Reactions: AprilMay
Yesterday we picked up our Model Y in Charlotte and I’m happy to report that there were no significant issues other than the rear drivers side seat not folding down. When I mentioned this to one of the sales advisors he said “they are new and fluffy and should breakin over time”.... I asked him how long that would take and did not get a precise answer. I decided to let it go and will either deal with it myself or schedule a home service call. They were quite busy trying to close the year out and maximize the delivery numbers. Great drive home and what a wonderful feeling to plug it in at home an be able to “fill it up “ !! This car has an 87xxx vin built on 12/12/20. All the most recent updates, double Paine windows, USB flash drive in the glove box, metal scroll wheels in steering wheel.

.View attachment 622472
How do you know know the build date?