Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Picked up Model Y SR today 2/26

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just wanted to report on my experience...put $100 deposit down for a White/White Model Y SR on Sunday. Picked it up this morning. Vin 110XXX. Build date was 1/24. Also own a 2020 pre-refresh Model 3.

Double pane glass: Yes
Heated Steering wheel: Yes
New Console: No

No bad panel gaps - a deep scratch in the plastic part of the rear bumper which they will be having mobile repair come and replace at my home. Car is very tight - zero rattles or wind noise. The quality increase compared to my Feb 2020 Model 3 is very noticeable. Doors have a much more solid feel, there is no hollow/window rattle when closing them, door switches feel more solid and frunk closes with way less effort. Was nice to actually get carpet floor mats this time around as well =)

Feels pretty incredible to have gotten the premium interior at this price point - blown away by the premium audio and the improved sound stage and especially bass is very evident.

I lurked on a lot of posts here over the last 2 weeks! Great info from everyone - this is a great community.

Attachments

• model y 2.jpg
    model y 2.jpg
    588.7 KB · Views: 133
  • model y.jpg
    model y.jpg
    485.5 KB · Views: 100
nice! congrats. same configuration as mine. I ordered mine back in January on the day they announced the SR, and my vin is 114,XXX. I got the induction wheels. Mine is STILL on the boat from Honolulu to where I live on the Big Island and has been sitting there since Monday. I can see it's location as being "in the water" by the dock. We have had wind advisories, so maybe they aren't sailing, which is fine by me...don't want it getting tossed into the ocean (that has happened recently). Things move SLOOOWWW here in Hawaii. it just is.

Glad to hear the sound is nice. I personally prefer the old console anyway (will wrap in white) I was hoping that since we got them for so cheap, that they didn't decide to nuke the premium sound. I hope it stays that way. Heated steering wheel will never get used here, but heated seats most definitely ( only the driver seat, my passengers think I'm nuts )

If you really don't need the range, then this is really an incredible deal in my opinion.

Feels pretty incredible to have gotten the premium interior at this price point - blown away by the premium audio and the improved sound stage and especially bass is very evident.

I agree. Of the year or so I was planning on buying a Tesla, the premium interior was always something I would have liked to have but didn't want/need to get an LR vehicle. Ultimately being able to purchase an SR Y and get the upgraded interior as well made the long time I waited worth it.

Unfortunately I do have a handful of rattles.

I have a 109xxx enroute to me for end of month, so it sounds like I won't be getting the new console either, which is fine because I plan to get wood overlays for the old one which has more storage anyway, but I am more concerned with making sure everything is tight, no rattles, and I am dreading going through the quality checklist and finding all kinds of build issues and sloppiness.

I have a 109xxx enroute to me for end of month, so it sounds like I won't be getting the new console either, which is fine because I plan to get wood overlays for the old one which has more storage anyway, but I am more concerned with making sure everything is tight, no rattles, and I am dreading going through the quality checklist and finding all kinds of build issues and sloppiness.
That’s not necessarily true. My VIN is 109xxx and Ill be getting the new console. My pickup date is tomorrow and I called today just to see. The delivery team said my built date was Feb 8(after the console refresh) and confirmed that my SR MY will come with the new console.

That’s not necessarily true. My VIN is 109xxx and Ill be getting the new console. My pickup date is tomorrow and I called today just to see. The delivery team said my built date was Feb 8(after the console refresh) and confirmed that my SR MY will come with the new console.
I was told my build date was mid January, so I don't think I would get the new console, but I guess I need to wait and see what shows up. How can we tell if we have the better windows?

I was told my build date was mid January, so I don't think I would get the new console, but I guess I need to wait and see what shows up. How can we tell if we have the better windows?
If your car born in mid-Jan, then it will be the old console, since the refresh for the console did not kick-in till Feb 7.

Better windows? Do you mean the double-pane? I’m sure those began for all the 2021 models. But I’ve got a late 2020 SR+ and I’ve never had any issues with wind or any noise.

Congrats on your impending delivery.

My SR ser# is 111xxx and was made Jan 25, a Monday, just before 8am. I picked the car up a month ago.
I have no issues with quality and finish. All the workers must have had a great weekend. LOL
My neighbour is a retired long time car dealer and she had nothing but good things to say
after she had a good look and I took her for a "blast". The white paint job is outstanding !

It has double pane glass, heated steering and the beautiful black console with all the storage room.

Enjoy your ride !

Just wanted to report on my experience...put $100 deposit down for a White/White Model Y SR on Sunday. Picked it up this morning. Vin 110XXX. Build date was 1/24. Also own a 2020 pre-refresh Model 3.

Double pane glass: Yes
Heated Steering wheel: Yes
New Console: No

No bad panel gaps - a deep scratch in the plastic part of the rear bumper which they will be having mobile repair come and replace at my home. Car is very tight - zero rattles or wind noise. The quality increase compared to my Feb 2020 Model 3 is very noticeable. Doors have a much more solid feel, there is no hollow/window rattle when closing them, door switches feel more solid and frunk closes with way less effort. Was nice to actually get carpet floor mats this time around as well =)

I lurked on a lot of posts here over the last 2 weeks! Great info from everyone - this is a great community.

Interesting my car is the same as yours (white/white SR), VIN 109xxx build date 1/21 and I also had the scratch on the tow hitch cover....mobile service is replacing it next week. I did have some additional issues - see my post in this forum, but they have since been resolved by a SC visit. I am still not entirely happy with the way the frunk closes (needs more adjustment) and the passenger side front door...so I'll get them to look at that as well. Otherwise yes, my car also has no squeeks or rattles too! Very happy overall and I have been enjoying driving it! I am impressed how efficient the car is. I am getting 145 to 150 Wh/km on daily commutes which is great!