Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Picked up my 2023 MYP 02/04/2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took delivery of my 2023 MYP (black/black) yesterday. I ordered on 01/15 so 20 days order to delivery. It is in pretty perfect condition, there are two small scratches on the front bumper but hopefully I can buff them out. The new comfort suspension is amazing. Was also a nice surprise with the change in the classification by the IRS, wasn't expecting it but always nice to get an extra 7500 off my taxes next year.

Out of curiosity what was the VIN range for your car? I matched with a 6671xx and wondering if it's a recent build or a reject.

How can you tell if its new built or sitting around in the lot from last year?

Mine is 6669xx Haha..I just realized my numbers have hidden message 666 69 hmmm. It is devil red and sexy as heck!?

MYP Red. Ordered on 1/19. Picking it up on 2/10 (Michigan).

Last edited:
Not sure if anyone would find this interesting. Here are pics of my first MYP Monroney Sticker, a 2021 that my wife made me get rid of because it was too rough riding for her. I told her that if the prices ever come back down I'm ordering another one because I loved the car and that we just wouldn't take it anywhere together. The second pic is the Monroney Sticker of the 2023 MYP. She was hesitant to go with me to pick it up because she didn't want to ride in a "rough" car. We ended up going together and after about 10 seconds riding in the 2023 MYP she said she loved the ride compared to the 2021. The comfort suspension made all the difference in her *not* hating my car. It's interesting that the US/Canadian parts content went from 60% - 70%.

MYP2021.jpg
MYP2023.jpg

Last edited:
A couple of scratches and not perfect fits doesn't bother me in the slightest. I have a 8 year old, so nothing will be perfect. My wife lets her play in our new Model 3 and there are already red pen marks on the fabric. Why my wife keeps a red pen in her car, I can't explain either. Hopefully I will be driving home in my new MYP today. Going on a 3 hour roadtrip right now...

• Funny
Reactions: WyoDude
Not sure if anyone would find this interesting. Here are pics of my first MYP Monroney Sticker, a 2021 that my wife made me get rid of because it was too rough riding for her. I told her that if the prices ever come back down I'm ordering another one because I loved the car and that we just wouldn't take it anywhere together. The second pic is the Monroney Sticker of the 2023 MYP. She was hesitant to go with me to pick it up because she didn't want to ride in a "rough" car. We ended up going together and after about 10 seconds riding in the 2023 MYP she said she loved the ride compared to the 2021. The comfort suspension made all the difference in her *not* hating my car. It's interesting that the US/Canadian parts content went from 60% - 70%.

View attachment 903592View attachment 903593

Wow thank you for sharing. Looks like they didnt add the radar but just downgraded, as in the 2022 model, by getting rid of the US sensors.
8 cameras stayed the same, so the 2023 does not have the high res cameras installed. I am not sure how they are managing autopilot to the same quality as before by removing the most important component of past models the Ultrasound sensors.

Now I am a bit annoyed, and, from what I hear it wont alert you of a coming car when backing out from parking etc....the most basic safety features now on most cars. Is that the case with your new MYP? It makes sense that the car is now cheaper. One of the selling items for the Tesla was autopilot but they seem to have screwed that one up.... FOR NOW? Hope that someday if they change the hardware, owners have the option to upgrade to the new tech? Still getting the car on Friday though :) :) :)

I took delivery of my 2023 MYP (black/black) yesterday. I ordered on 01/15 so 20 days order to delivery. It is in pretty perfect condition, there are two small scratches on the front bumper but hopefully I can buff them out. The new comfort suspension is amazing. Was also a nice surprise with the change in the classification by the IRS, wasn't expecting it but always nice to get an extra 7500 off my taxes next year.
Congratz on new car, but u wont be able to get the extra $7500 off, due to your MSRP of the car is over $55,000.

Nice!! I take delivery on the 8th. Do you recommend I pay digitally on the app when I pick up or bring a cashier's check?

This article states that it was added to the Performance variant also:

Interesting! I read a few articles that said it was specifically excluded from Performance models, I wonder if it is a mixed bag or if we'll start seeing more confirmations.

Out of curiosity what was the VIN range for your car? I matched with a 6671xx and wondering if it's a recent build or a reject.
Just picked up a 6671xx MYP a few hours ago from Rocklin. Great build quality and don't see any issues. Only issue, second time in a row, is that Tesla salespeople don't own a screwdriver. The temporary license paper plate came off with the four screws. This happened with my M3 last year. I think they finger tighten them. :p

Nice!! I take delivery on the 8th. Do you recommend I pay digitally on the app when I pick up or bring a cashier's check?
I paid digitally through the app, but I wasn't planning on rejecting the car no matter what. They can always fix whatever is messed up. I think if you feel there is a chance you'll reject it because of build quality then I would bring a cashier's check. I'm not sure how long it would take Tesla to return your payment if you reject it and normally an ACH can take a day or two. I don't have enough experience to say if Tesla will release your car before they actually receive the ACH from the bank.

Interesting! I read a few articles that said it was specifically excluded from Performance models, I wonder if it is a mixed bag or if we'll start seeing more confirmations.

Is it just me or does it seem that none of us know what is actually included with our vehicles? :) I am picking up my
MYRP this Friday Feb 10 (Ordered 1/19) and have questions:
Premium suspension....who knows.
Radar and upgraded cameras.......who knows.
A physical person at my Clarkston, MI delivery center....who knows.
(Seems that Tesla phone numbers stopped answering after I paid for the car...a requirement in MI to prepay). When I call using my wife's phone(she has not purchased a vehicle from them) they answer...wonder if they flag the phones of those that already paid?
Power Frunk? I am still confused on that. Manual seems to show a power frunk...but based on the forum such does not exist for a Tesla unless you pay for 400 aftermarket upgrade.

This car better be the Shat cause the company customer service does not exist.