Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Picked up my 2023 MYP 02/04/2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I paid digitally through the app, but I wasn't planning on rejecting the car no matter what. They can always fix whatever is messed up. I think if you feel there is a chance you'll reject it because of build quality then I would bring a cashier's check. I'm not sure how long it would take Tesla to return your payment if you reject it and normally an ACH can take a day or two. I don't have enough experience to say if Tesla will release your car before they actually receive the ACH from the bank.
In some states, like Michigan, you are required to pay for the car before delivery, not at delivery. I found that info by following links on what to expect on delivery day.

Just picked up a 6671xx MYP a few hours ago from Rocklin. Great build quality and don't see any issues. Only issue, second time in a row, is that Tesla salespeople don't own a screwdriver. The temporary license paper plate came off with the four screws. This happened with my M3 last year. I think they finger tighten them. :p

I’m picking up mine from Arden at some point…will make sure I bring a screwdriver lol

Is it just me or does it seem that none of us know what is actually included with our vehicles? :) I am picking up my
MYRP this Friday Feb 10 (Ordered 1/19) and have questions:
Premium suspension....who knows.
Radar and upgraded cameras.......who knows.
A physical person at my Clarkston, MI delivery center....who knows.
(Seems that Tesla phone numbers stopped answering after I paid for the car...a requirement in MI to prepay). When I call using my wife's phone(she has not purchased a vehicle from them) they answer...wonder if they flag the phones of those that already paid?
Power Frunk? I am still confused on that. Manual seems to show a power frunk...but based on the forum such does not exist for a Tesla unless you pay for 400 aftermarket upgrade.

This car better be the Shat cause the company customer service does not exist.

Everyone wants to do away with dealerships, until there's no dealership...

Is it just me or does it seem that none of us know what is actually included with our vehicles? :) I am picking up my
MYRP this Friday Feb 10 (Ordered 1/19) and have questions:
Premium suspension....who knows.
Radar and upgraded cameras.......who knows.
A physical person at my Clarkston, MI delivery center....who knows.
(Seems that Tesla phone numbers stopped answering after I paid for the car...a requirement in MI to prepay). When I call using my wife's phone(she has not purchased a vehicle from them) they answer...wonder if they flag the phones of those that already paid?
Power Frunk? I am still confused on that. Manual seems to show a power frunk...but based on the forum such does not exist for a Tesla unless you pay for 400 aftermarket upgrade.

This car better be the Shat cause the company customer service does not exist.
What color? I'm in the area too. Heard horrible things about that service center so 🤞🤞. There is a Tesla Michigan group on Facebook too.

What color? I'm in the area too. Heard horrible things about that service center so 🤞🤞. There is a Tesla Michigan group on Facebook too.
I got my MYPR early. Yesterday Fab 7. Its the best car i have had. Clarkston Service center was great. They said the car was ready early via a Tesla Message. I went there and they too 5 minutes to put my plate on and said take your time looking for problems. The guy was super nice and said they have been flawless in the last 6 months. True to form Car had 3 Miles on it and in perfect shape. I just cant stop speeding in it or beating corvettes! Its a gorgeous car, quiet. I have had a big smile for last 2 days.

Attachments

• B256A22C-FDFA-46AA-A03A-5E1514EFC828.jpeg
    B256A22C-FDFA-46AA-A03A-5E1514EFC828.jpeg
    518.8 KB · Views: 155
I got my MYPR early. Yesterday Fab 7. Its the best car i have had. Clarkston Service center was great. They said the car was ready early via a Tesla Message. I went there and they too 5 minutes to put my plate on and said take your time looking for problems. The guy was super nice and said they have been flawless in the last 6 months. True to form Car had 3 Miles on it and in perfect shape. I just cant stop speeding in it or beating corvettes! Its a gorgeous car, quiet. I have had a big smile for last 2 days.
The most beautiful color combo! Straight 🔥

Reactions: RedY23
Very nice, @RedY23 !
I recently ordered a MYP Red. No EDD yet, but I’m guessing sometime in March.

Question for you: It appears your vehicle came with the Tesla OEM mud flaps already installed behind the front wheels. There have been inconsistent reports that more recent MYP builds have been delivered with mud flaps already installed, as well as, a small strip/section of Paint Protection Film along the rear rocker panel area.
Can you confirm your vehicle came with both of these already installed?

We initially ordered a very plain MYLR on the 16th with an EDD 2/4-3/4, but then the IRS announced the expansion of the tax credit up to 80k, and I saw a MYP appear in local inventory on Friday, so we forfeited the $250 deposit, and ordered the MYP to get it earlier and not risk loosing the $7,500 tax credit. I probably could have waited on the phone to get them to switch our MYLR order to the MYP, but it took 45 minutes to answer and I didn't want to risk loosing the MYP, good thing I didn't because the EDD on the MYLR got moved out to 2/14-3/14.

I wasn't sure how much I'd like the ride comfort with the MYP and 21" wheels over the 19's on the MYLR, but I'm surprised how comfortable it is. Sure it's not as squishy as our 4Runner with coilovers, but the MYP is not bad at all, still rides way better than our Duramax.

Here's the vin for the curious PF6673. Came with matrix lights and trunk cover, no PPF on the back doors and no mud flaps. Quality was good for the most part, the door seal on the driver side wasn't installed properly, easy fix, the hood had a couple of scratches, they got polished out when we got PPF put on it. The only thing that's left that I'm concerned about the frunk is really hard to close, it'll probably need an adjustment (already made an appointment), and the camber on the rear wheels seems like a bit much, this being our first "sports car" I may be overreacting and it may be within spec.

Attachments

• IMG_4694.jpeg
    IMG_4694.jpeg
    944.1 KB · Views: 89
Very nice, @RedY23 !
I recently ordered a MYP Red. No EDD yet, but I’m guessing sometime in March.

Question for you: It appears your vehicle came with the Tesla OEM mud flaps already installed behind the front wheels. There have been inconsistent reports that more recent MYP builds have been delivered with mud flaps already installed, as well as, a small strip/section of Paint Protection Film along the rear rocker panel area.
Can you confirm your vehicle came with both of these already installed?
CONFIRMED: I had to return the mud flaps I had pre purchased because the MYP came with them also the transparent paint protector was on there. Also there was a trunk cover, and a small charging adapter. NO MORE FAB's I am told, but I dont see the need for those given the credit card like backup keys...FABs are so Yesterday. :)

How can one tell if the lights are MATRIX?

CONFIRMED: I had to return the mud flaps I had pre purchased because the MYP came with them also the transparent paint protector was on there. Also there was a trunk cover, and a small charging adapter. NO MORE FAB's I am told, but I dont see the need for those given the credit card like backup keys...FABs are so Yesterday. :)

How can one tell if the lights are MATRIX?
All MYP have matrix. But to confirm look for a separate circular bulb on the outer side of the headlight. Other way to check is to run the light show aimed at a wall and Matrix will spell out TESLA at the end.

CONFIRMED: I had to return the mud flaps I had pre purchased because the MYP came with them also the transparent paint protector was on there.
Thank you.

02/04/2023, so 5 days ago. Black/Black MYP in Pennsylvania. we get lots of snow and ice with salt all over the roads. This is my second MYP and neither came with mud guards or the triangle PPF
Thank you. Darn. Appears this is just another one of those hit or miss things with Tesla.
Oh well, guess I‘ll find out when I take delivery!

02/04/2023, so 5 days ago. Black/Black MYP in Pennsylvania. we get lots of snow and ice with salt all over the roads. This is my second MYP and neither came with mud guards or the triangle PPF
I would let the service center or Tesla know you are missing mud guards and rear panel clear protector. They sometimes run out. From what I hear they will gladly send you the parts and have them installed for you. I am sure they will take care of you. But its not right.. of course.

Can anyone comment on whether or not the recently delivered 2023 MYPs are coming with a lowered suspension (in comparison to the normal MY LR models) or not? I understand both versions come with the new 'comfort' suspension, but are the MYPs also lowered?