Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Picked up my AWD this weekend from Costa Mesa

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After 2.5 years of waiting, I am now officially the owner of a Tesla Model 3! Picked up the car this weekend at Costa Mesa. Some quick highlights/reactions

- Delivery Center was pretty well organized - I waited all of 5 min after I checked in
- Had a huge checklist to go through but realized it would feel awkward to spend an hour on a day when they’re delivering probably 150-200 cars (they opened Sat/Sun at 8am and closed at 10pm - longer hours than normal)
- Ended up just having a 5 min walk around the exterior - noticed two paint scuffs and a paint scuff in the passenger seat - all three were fixed by service in 10 min
- I later noticed small paint chips on hood next to driver side headlights - like three grains of sand - will add to service list
- No other panel alignment or panel gap issues I could see
- Hood was only slightly uneven, seems tolerable
- Overall, car seemed to be in good shape
- the Slacker radio Tesla account wasn’t working - they assured me it would work in a day or two and if not to call service
- I did get the diecast Model 3 :)

When I drove off the lot, I gunned it on Pullman - and wow, def feels noticeably faster than the RWD. Reminded me of my P test drive. I thought for a long time they may have accidentally uncorked/given me a P :p Definitely happy I splurged the $4K for AWD and also happy I saved $16K from going to P+. This is the best blend of performance and cost.

I have the 19s on it and over the course of about 120 miles this weekend, I averaged 268 wh/mi - not bad considering I drove in the hills and kept...uh... demoing the acceleration :)

So far, so good. Pretty happy camper.

I do feel the need to add PPF though. So any recs in LA/OC are appreciated :)

After 2.5 years of waiting, I am now officially the owner of a Tesla Model 3! Picked up the car this weekend at Costa Mesa. Some quick highlights/reactions

- Delivery Center was pretty well organized - I waited all of 5 min after I checked in
- Had a huge checklist to go through but realized it would feel awkward to spend an hour on a day when they’re delivering probably 150-200 cars (they opened Sat/Sun at 8am and closed at 10pm - longer hours than normal)
- Ended up just having a 5 min walk around the exterior - noticed two paint scuffs and a paint scuff in the passenger seat - all three were fixed by service in 10 min
- I later noticed small paint chips on hood next to driver side headlights - like three grains of sand - will add to service list
- No other panel alignment or panel gap issues I could see
- Hood was only slightly uneven, seems tolerable
- Overall, car seemed to be in good shape
- the Slacker radio Tesla account wasn’t working - they assured me it would work in a day or two and if not to call service
- I did get the diecast Model 3 :)

When I drove off the lot, I gunned it on Pullman - and wow, def feels noticeably faster than the RWD. Reminded me of my P test drive. I thought for a long time they may have accidentally uncorked/given me a P :p Definitely happy I splurged the $4K for AWD and also happy I saved $16K from going to P+. This is the best blend of performance and cost.

I have the 19s on it and over the course of about 120 miles this weekend, I averaged 268 wh/mi - not bad considering I drove in the hills and kept...uh... demoing the acceleration :)

So far, so good. Pretty happy camper.

I do feel the need to add PPF though. So any recs in LA/OC are appreciated :)

I picked mine up from Costa Mesa. I asked about the Diecast model 3 and they said they weren't giving it out anymore.

What a bunch of liars.

Reactions: neroden
I picked mine up from Costa Mesa. I asked about the Diecast model 3 and they said they weren't giving it out anymore.

What a bunch of liars.

It’s not that serious. I don’t think they were trying to screw you out of a few bucks.

I didn’t get one either with my P Model and being an X owner.

If I care enough I will ask for availability when I am there for other reasons.

What a bunch of liars.

I asked for one as well, and they seemed keep saying they're out of stock but if they see one around, they'll try to get one for me. That was a month ago though so I bet they've forgotten....

As to @SoCalGuy . What was your build date/VIN range on your silver? I wonder if that has an impact on the Die-cast being provided or not. I'm wondering if Fremont or the Delivery centers put them in....

As for the PPF/Tint, there's two main group buys for PPF at Concours in Torrance has a great option, and Rodz in Westminster has since raised their price but they supposedly do good work and you have more selection in Tints.

Had to convert it from PNG to JPG :/

01CF1F97-5244-422A-9639-FC5BFC6643E9.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: LM-5
I asked for one as well, and they seemed keep saying they're out of stock but if they see one around, they'll try to get one for me. That was a month ago though so I bet they've forgotten....

As to @SoCalGuy . What was your build date/VIN range on your silver? I wonder if that has an impact on the Die-cast being provided or not. I'm wondering if Fremont or the Delivery centers put them in....

As for the PPF/Tint, there's two main group buys for PPF at Concours in Torrance has a great option, and Rodz in Westminster has since raised their price but they supposedly do good work and you have more selection in Tints.
I think the delivery centers are the ones that put them in. It’s a September build date.

It’s not that serious. I don’t think they were trying to screw you out of a few bucks.

I didn’t get one either with my P Model and being an X owner.

If I care enough I will ask for availability when I am there for other reasons.
Boo. Costa Mesa home-delivered my car and there was the die cast in the center console, in red. It would have been nice if they matched the car color. Anyways that diecast is all scuffed already with my kids throwing it around the house.

• Funny
Reactions: MXWing
Boo. Costa Mesa home-delivered my car and there was the die cast in the center console, in red. It would have been nice if they matched the car color. Anyways that diecast is all scuffed already with my kids throwing it around the house.

Ohh how was delivery? Testimonial anywhere?

I have a feeling my car made in July and in a tent had less drama than recent cars.

Tent drama less than end of quarter drama.

Oh my son wondered why the hell my super awesome Devaststor is in a sealed display box and not open for playing with. Told his ass he will understand when he has a son.

On the look out for another set he can open and toss around and scuff.

Ohh how was delivery? Testimonial anywhere?

I have a feeling my car made in July and in a tent had less drama than recent cars.

Tent drama less than end of quarter drama.

Oh my son wondered why the hell my super awesome Devaststor is in a sealed display box and not open for playing with. Told his ass he will understand when he has a son.

On the look out for another set he can open and toss around and scuff.
Delivery went fine. Very convenient as it saved us an hour of driving down to CM plus all the stuff that comes with it (what to do around there for the day, kids possibly waiting for hours at delivery center, etc.) Paperwork was done in 10min or less and I let the host leave without going through the car with me. It was already 10PM or so. A very professional host who says he’s usually work at distribution hub. This car is a completely different animal than the X. Very solid.

Real time updated here:

Interesting offer for early LA deliveries. : teslamotors