Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Picked up my first Tesla!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ouch! OMG. Did you try to call 877-798-3752? I haven't called it in a while but used to work for me. Obviously not drivable. Keep us posted on what happened/happens. This looks like an older MX. Are you the original owner?

Ouch! OMG. Did you try to call 877-798-3752? I haven't called it in a while but used to work for me. Obviously not drivable. Keep us posted on what happened/happens. This looks like an older MX. Are you the original owner?
right!? yeah, called a bunch of numbers and got bounced around. I literally just bought this car, out of warranty. Been in contact with the dealership and they have been very understanding so far.

surprise!

PXL_20210406_223259411.jpg

PXL_20210406_223252704.jpg

app shows an job ETA for tomorrow morning, but service advisor is saying they think it'll be done today. the burbank service center and advisors have been very friendly and helpful. turns out I have an outstanding recall for my steering rack bolts too, so that'll get taken care of.

looks like they are going to replace the front left broken control arm and comp the front right control arm. i am out of warranty, so I appreciate that. too bad I can't order the suspension parts from tesla myself...otherwise I'd replace the rest once myself I'm back home.

talk about the full spectrum of tesla ownership in a few hours lol

but hey, they're going to check my tire tread and set my pressures. so, I guess I'm winning at the end of the day?

Screen Shot 2021-04-07 at 10.37.29 AM.png

Reactions: CyberGus
It sounds like you should be able to order parts through Tesla unless they are restricted. People have been doing that with some of the cameras to update older models. $400 for both arms and labor sounds like a great deal for a suspension repair to both sides of the car and alignment.

I'm curious though, why are they doing the right one?

Reactions: bhorn
It sounds like you should be able to order parts through Tesla unless they are restricted. People have been doing that with some of the cameras to update older models. $400 for both arms and labor sounds like a great deal for a suspension repair to both sides of the car and alignment.

I'm curious though, why are they doing the right one?

oh, nice. didn't know that. good to know. I will replace the rears when I get home. Going to take the car apart and recheck the torque value on everything as well.

I would guess they're likely doing the right side because this is a known failure, but they don't want to admit fault.

• Informative
Reactions: cobra
oh, nice. didn't know that. good to know. I will replace the rears when I get home. Going to take the car apart and recheck the torque value on everything as well.

I would guess they're likely doing the right side because this is a known failure, but they don't want to admit fault.
If this was 2017, they likely would have comped the whole thing. Today, I am surprised they comped anything. Good to hear though.