Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Picked up my M3 on Sunday without any issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The only negative aspect of my Fremont, Ca delivery on Sunday was the 45 minute wait.

I was worried after reading the horror stories about fit and finish, scratches and other issues yet when I thoroughly went over the car, I found no issues. The Tesla rep spent 2 minutes with me showing me the very basics of the car and I was off.

BTW, the time between getting my VIN and picking up my car was 4 days.

Here's my point. Forums don't always give you a balanced view of the experience. For me,the experience was uneventful and positive.

Now, my biggest problem is deciding whether to pay $50 more for a front and rear cargo mat from Weathertech or buy the OEM ones. It's a tough decision. Do you have any advice?

Reactions: heems and skitown
Great to hear a positive delivery. I have not taken delivery yet but I have purchased the OEM ones from Tesla. I cannot compare the Weathertech or Tesla ones but I am happy with the OEM.

I thought the OEM cargo mats were manufactured by Weathertec?

Good luck!

Great to hear a positive delivery. I have not taken delivery yet but I have purchased the OEM ones from Tesla. I cannot compare the Weathertech or Tesla ones but I am happy with the OEM.

I thought the OEM cargo mats were manufactured by Weathertec?

Good luck!

I ordered the Tesla OEM mats, and for reference, this was on the box:

upload_2018-5-31_12-12-33.png

I picked mine up yesterday Wed 5/30 in Manhasset. I had a noon pickup, walked in at 11:25 and was sitting in my car by 11:45. Smooth transaction, great staff, no complaints with the vehicle other than some wax reside between the roof and body.

My recommendation is that once you get closer to pick up, stay off here and reddit so you don't catch any horror stories and stress yourself out like I did.

Reactions: TesLou22
I ordered the Tesla OEM mats, and for reference, this was on the box:

View attachment 305189
Correct! I just checked my boxes too. I initially took out of the boxes and laid them out but after some thought (I have no Model 3 lol) I put them back in the boxes. I think there were instructions or something indicating if you were not going to use them soon it’s best to leave them stored inside the boxes they came in.