Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Picked up my MS at Fremont factory, with report, thoughts on my choices, & pictures

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My understanding is that should you pick the car up in California, you must pay the California state sales tax.
And then probably the sales tax in Maine also.

I do recommend you schedule a trip at some point and take a tour of the factory: nothing like it, and you also have a chance to see a bit of Tesla history with some Roadsters and Alpha and Beta Model Ss.

Excellent write up by the OP about his experience at the tour and the delivery.
Congrats on getting your car for the holidays and sharing the joy with your family.

you wouldnt pay CA tax unless you registered it in CA.

Congratulations on a beautiful car!!!! Looks just like the one we got 7 weeks ago except we have the grey 21" wheels :) I totally agree about the folks on the delivery team. You will find you can call 7 days a week and they will answer every dumb question you have LOL. They are fabulous for sure! Service is suburb and done with a smile.

I'm a happy customer, just like you.

I don't have to say "enjoy" as that is a given :)

Scott

you wouldnt pay CA tax unless you registered it in CA.

This is not true. CA is one of the most idiotic states in that there is no non-resident tax emption. If you take delivery in CA, you must pay CA tax. Many states will reduce the tax due if you can show tax was paid to the state in which you purchased the car. I'd have to go look to see Maine is one of these states. If it is, it's likely the OP wouldn't owe any taxes in Maine as CA has one of the highest sales tax rates. This is why many people truck cars in CA to the Nevada border.

eye.surgeon: I hope you have many years of wondrous driving in your car! I have some Friends and Relatives that would love that it looks like the perfect conveyance for a RAIDERS fan! As a Fan of the NINERS myself, I'm a RAIDERS fan by default, since Al Davis gave Bill Walsh his first professional job as an assistant coach. ;-)

I enjoyed hearing how your kids enjoyed the tour.
Ditto.