Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Picked up my MSM - great experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Arrived an hour late to my appointment (thanks I880) but they had a fleet of Model 3 parked in the front lot - one was mine! Dropped off my check, signed a couple of forms and was in the vehicle within 15 mins of arrival.

No discernible alignment gaps, no dings, just a few dull spots of paint that they were able to polish out. Cargo carpet had a few stains but not a deal breaker.

Pretty happy with June 2018 mfg date and 7 odo miles. Gen 2 seats as expected, full cloth headliner including the vanity mirrors. Was excited to see the red die cast Model 3 in my center console - totally forgot to ask for swags as the waiting room had a bunch (do they still even give out free swags for Model 3?)

Having driven the car for a few days now, it is sublime. Excellent handling and the 0-60 acceleration is a blast. I find myself waiting in the car while the family goes to the store - AC on full blast and a killer sound system.

Only caveat is no visuals on side mirrors for blind blind monitoring.

Low windshield liquid warning and brake light also comes on periodically but goes away after a few minutes. iPhone does not always automatically unlock on proximity (need to open app) - still figuring out if it’s my phone or the car.

They also missed a few spots when polishing so now I have about 3 quarter size round patches of dull paint on the body. Hopefully these will polish off.

Great car, very satisfied and exceeded all expectations!

Non-owner reserved online 03/31/16
Invited 04/18/18
Configured 04/19/18
June delay email
Edit button disappeared 6/20
Contacted 6/21 (no VIN)
Fremont pickup 7/2 - VIN 301xx (6/2018 mfg date)

DD259E9C-0BBE-4D75-BDBD-2F5CC3BF09D0.jpeg
AD1EFEB5-26F2-43ED-8D89-13DC5E93E0C5.jpeg
23F7AE08-1FCB-4D2B-96B1-09BB4CDFC6E0.jpeg
131DD3E0-6CBF-4E73-A864-839F899211E3.jpeg
B5BDA549-1A4C-46CA-89F9-0CD2DE0C0B72.jpeg
82B2096D-0068-4120-ADC7-EEE15B860CE1.jpeg
8D39B5EB-A2BD-4886-A507-7B066D7AE938.jpeg

Vaxe

If you wanted to flash that complicated Patek you could have started a “Model 3 (or Tesla) and Your Watch” thread...not sure of the connection between the Patek and MSM (in the picture the car could have been red) and delivery (presumably you wore it because delivery was a special day). Just giving you a hard time as I came back to see the watch. Off I go to put on my lowly Explorer II 42.

• Funny
Reactions: Vaxe and C141medic
I have to say, I never generally considered MSM for my own future Model 3 as it struck me as a sort of dull/boring shade. But I can't deny it looks rather futuristic and attractive when clean and shiny as in your pictures. And it suits those aero caps beautifully.

Reactions: Vaxe
Looks sweet! MSM was my #2 color choice. Have you popped off the Aeros to see what it looks like?
Not yet but will eventually! What color did you go with?

Love the car...HOWEVA...nice watch!
Thanks!

What a nice color
Thanks, Im digging the purple hue of the MSM!

That is beautiful! The car is pretty nice too. :)

I think your watch is worth more than the 3!
Haha thanks!

How much is the watch worth? LoL I don’t know it from a Casio hehe
HopeToGolf was pretty spot on!

Came for the car...stayed for the watch ;)

Vaxe

If you wanted to flash that complicated Patek you could have started a “Model 3 (or Tesla) and Your Watch” thread...not sure of the connection between the Patek and MSM (in the picture the car could have been red) and delivery (presumably you wore it because delivery was a special day). Just giving you a hard time as I came back to see the watch. Off I go to put on my lowly Explorer II 42.
Great idea, I’ll make that thread today. The EXPII is awesome! Wearing mine today.
7E0947AF-3AFB-457F-95C4-99F8D1205790.jpeg

Reactions: shrspeedblade
Not yet but will eventually! What color did you go with?

Thanks!

Thanks, Im digging the purple hue of the MSM!

Haha thanks!

HopeToGolf was pretty spot on!

Great idea, I’ll make that thread today. The EXPII is awesome! Wearing mine today. View attachment 315514

Wow...you have great taste my friend. Our cars are almost twins (I went with the 19s) and our EXPIIs are twins (I also have the black dial). It is a small world, not many love the EXPII 42.

Wow...you have great taste my friend. Our cars are almost twins (I went with the 19s) and our EXPIIs are twins (I also have the black dial). It is a small world, not many love the EXPII 42.

It’s definitely my favorite modern Rolex - gets more wrist time than my BLNR, Daytona C, and Sub. The brushed steel bezel is understated and elegant, best part is the watch does not scream Rolex. Love the brushed center links too. Although part of me kind of regret not choosing the polar ExpII...

Here’s the what’s on your wrist thread!
What Are You Wearing (WRUW) Today? Share a photo of your Tesla with your watch!