Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Picked up my new MX today

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I picked up my new MX today :)
100D Midnight grey 6 seat (black) - pre-raven model but with HW3.0 (or so they say) and FSD.

I pointed out a whole load of imperfections on the paint and trim which they’ve promised to sort out.

To my surprise the charger pack that came with the car included the CCS adapter so I presume this is a nice little bonus.

I have to say that the car is lovely and was great to drive back home. It’s just so damn big compared with my previous A3.

11CD4F87-720D-4FC5-A71D-6B993A1E5E88.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
100D Midnight grey 6 seat (black) - pre-raven model but with HW3.0 (or so they say) and FSD.

I pointed out a whole load of imperfections on the paint and trim which they’ve promised to sort out.

To my surprise the charger pack that came with the car included the CCS adapter so I presume this is a nice little bonus.

I have to say that the car is lovely and was great to drive back home. It’s just so damn big compared with my previous A3.
Congratulations

Congratulations! Can I ask when you ordered? The wait for my MX is driving me insane!

Reactions: Fiddler

how are you pointing out imperfections? from that pict the car looks damn perfect

• Funny
Reactions: Peteski
Enjoy the car, we had ours over 2 years now and 35k. Getting in the car still brings a smile to my face. We're off for a 500 mile trip around the lake district next weekend, cannot wait.....Hope all the rain thats predicted mid week is done by than :)

Enjoy it! Our MX is now coming up to 23k miles over 18 months and has been superb. I would never go back to an ICE alternative in a million years.

It's not perfect (assorted software bugs and a few very minor quality issues), but the positives outweigh any issues by at least 100/1. Things that I thought could potentially be troublesome e.g. Falcon Wing doors have been flawless. It's an amazing vehicle and so much more interesting than any large ICE SUV on the market.

I've now been out and about in North London with it and it is certainly a wide car. Parking will take some time as I was used to putting the A3 into very tight spaces. Even though the MX is 50cm longer it feels like a tank but I'm so grateful to the ultrasonic sensors for parking. It's surprising that even after 4 years in the UK market it still turns heads which is sometimes good and bad as I now feel like a target for car jacking :/ Maybe it's because I've never owned a "fancy" car.

The worst thing is the kids are now embarrassing me in public places by saying stuff like "Daddy has a new car that has doors like a space ship" :oops:

Just need to read the manual now and work out how to use the damned keyfob.

I've now been out and about in North London with it and it is certainly a wide car. Parking will take some time as I was used to putting the A3 into very tight spaces.

Your get use to the size and parking very easily, I've yet to find a problem parking ours. Learn to trust the parking line guides on the reversing screen and your be fine.

Do watch out for kerbs in multistory car parks, the length of the car makes kerbed rims almost an essential part of owernship :).

We toured Northern England and Scotland some years back. We wanted an automatic transmission and wound up with a VW Passat. Not a huge car by US standards but it was big over there. We were always worried about clipping the mirrors on on-coming cars or dropping the left wheels in the drainage ditch. I still consider it a challenge to park the X exactly between the lines. Do the FWD's work in a tight space?
Glad to hear the UK is getting populated with X's!

• Funny
Reactions: pjuk
People get way over worked about the size of the S/X, regardless of where you live in the UK one of the most common sights on 4 wheels is this thing......Pretty much the same size as a X, they are literally everywhere in the UK, Amazon would not be viable business in the UK if the Transit van was too big for UK roads, size really isn't an issue, kerbs are however for 22inch wheels :).

19-ford-transit-2014.jpg

FWDs are amazing in tight spaces, this is how tight parking is when I visit my inlaws. Trying to get a kid into a rear facing child seat in a car with normal doors would be impossible, but with the X no worries.

If you got kids the X is simply amazing interms of space/loading.

33874970062_008277c9f6_k_d.jpg

If you got kids the X is simply amazing interms of space/loading.

Totally agree. People often ask me if the FWDs are just a gimmick and I did wonder myself before we owned one. But with kids in tow they are an amazing asset. Watching other kids/parents battle with conventional rear doors in tight spaces makes you very appreciative of the X. Easily the best family car we've ever had.

I imagine there is also a significant benefit having a roof over your head when putting kids into the car when it is raining

Yeah, that is quite a cool feature too. Also the kids don't have to physically touch the doors when getting in or out which keeps everything a lot cleaner in bad weather. With conventional doors they were experts at wiping their clothes on the outside of the door while getting in and putting muddy footprints all over the inside door card in the process of getting out. All solved with FWDs!

Plus I can check around the car to make sure it is safe before releasing the doors to let them out (I use the child locks so they can't open the doors themselves). No need to get out of the car myself to release them as you do with normal doors when using child locks.

On reflection FWDs are indeed a lot better when travelling with kids. The only downside we've experienced is my wife bumped her head on the corner of an opening FWD once as she was getting out of the front passenger seat. But she soon learned to wait a few seconds for the rear door to fully open before getting out herself. The kids have been fine though. They soon learned not to stand in the way of opening FWDs, but you do have to educate their friends as they just don't expect the doors to open upwards. There is certainly a learning curve involved there.