Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Picked up my Tesla in early December, worst car I've ever owned.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have noticed a hit to the range in sub-freezing weather, but I'd guestimate it at something along the lines of a 15% reduction in range. However, when combined with the original user's stated speed for the trips (around 70mph) I could see that being a bad combination. I do notice a slight hit to range at 70+mph speeds. If I wanted an AWD EV that has decent range in cold weather at higher speeds, I'd probably have gone with a base model S instead.

Best,

Reactions: Slayerz00m
True. I guess you can add in incremental charge time at Superchargers but typically, I plan those around Starbucks runs and bathroom breaks which muddy those numbers. I do not miss the gas stations in the least.
I agree, diesel puddles that you step in and the stink never leaving the car. Today I went to a gas station to use the car wash...amazing how self conscious you feel as a Tesla driver..once I needed some fuel for my boat and actually parked the Tesla around the corner and lugged the jerrycans to it, rather than risk being filmed going into a gas station and posted on Facebook.

..., rather than risk being filmed going into a gas station and posted on Facebook.

Like this one: DIY Solar Power with Will Prowse - Sneak peak of next video

unnamed.jpg

Reactions: T4M3 and Bouba
Sorry I don‘t want to be back to the road in 2 minutes if I just drove for 2 hours. I want to stretch and walk a bit. That is why charging stops are great for me and my family. Kids dont want to sit in the car for more than 2 hours either.
It's a different style of road tripping.
Over the years, for long drives, I had "conditioned" my kids to stay in the car, (maybe even sleep) for 4 hr segments because my ICE car needed fuel every 4-5 hrs.
That 4hrs non-stop driving followed by a 15 min break at gas stations was the quickest way of covering long distances

Now with Tesla supercharging, we will be stopping every 2 hrs.

New owner, haven't done a 500+ mile trip yet.

👉What restrooms do you use for supercharger stops?

Reactions: KenC
It's a different style of road tripping.
Over the years, for long drives, I had "conditioned" my kids to stay in the car, (maybe even sleep) for 4 hr segments because my ICE car needed fuel every 4-5 hrs.
That 4hrs non-stop driving followed by a 15 min break at gas stations was the quickest way of covering long distances

Now with Tesla supercharging, we will be stopping every 2 hrs.

New owner, haven't done a 500+ mile trip yet.

👉What restrooms do you use for supercharger stops?
Most have some sort of restaurant or hotel or dedicated bathroom. I find charger hopping to be the fastest way to road trip. Only charge to about 50-60% and haul it to the next charger. This means about 1 to 1.5 hour drives but seems to yield the fastest times.

Try abetterrouteplanner.com and you can play around with different scenarios.

Reactions: Msjulie and KenC
I didn't read the entire thread, and the OP is long gone apparently, but it just doesn't sound right to me. The worst I've seen in my SR+ was over Christmas 2022 in the Syracuse, NY area when the temps were hovering around 0. I was only going about 10 miles from the hotel to my BIL's house and would use around 40 miles of range. I did NOT warm up the car battery as I was at a hotel without a charger. There was a supercharger at the mall about a mile away and charging was also slow because there was no time to warm up the battery. On the way home to NYC though I charged at the mall and the battery did eventually warm up, and it was only about a 10% range loss overall, and maybe not even that considering I was doing around 75 the whole way, or at least until I hit NYC area traffic.

But now there is a bug in the consumption screen software and it is just all over the place on usage. I could usually average around 190wh/mi going around town, better than rated.

Yes, I mentioned back in May of last year that the OP had been gone from the thread back then. this thread was just recently brought back by someone commenting to the OP, who had long since been gone.

Its my opinion this particular thread has run its course and since the OP has been gone for a year, I am locking it. If someone wants to continue this discussion they can create a new thread and post their own experience.

Screen Shot 2023-04-22 at 11.16.35 AM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.