Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Picked up my Tesla in early December, worst car I've ever owned.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
.... As batteries improve, range improves, and charge times improve (along with infrastructure) it will be more conducive to more people. ....

That's pretty much the reason right there that I haven't yet gone electric. As much as I'd like to, I still see EVs as in the "early adopter" category and I'm probably going to wait another 10 years. By that time, I'm thinking things should progress a lot further than today's standard.

In the meantime, I'll enjoy some ICE with my Coke.

• Funny
Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
Funny how my partners first car a Renault Clio 2017 seems to actually do the 350+ miles per tank it states. Has no build quality issues at all and cost her 12K cash. No 9% degradation in the first year of ownership on range. Tesla cars are the future but lets be realistic to customers please.
If a person hasn’t moved on from the fact that ice cars have longer range and are cheaper then an ev isn’t for them. It may sound harsh but either you are an early adopter with all that entails (expensive, risky technology) or you wait until electric vehicles are mainstream and ice cars no longer exist

If a person hasn’t moved on from the fact that ice cars have longer range and are cheaper then an ev isn’t for them. It may sound harsh but either you are an early adopter with all that entails (expensive, risky technology) or you wait until electric vehicles are mainstream and ice cars no longer exist
Personal risk levels threshold and finances difference is major factor.

Reactions: Bouba
But as we see by sales numbers more and more people realize that owing EV is actually not that bad when you factor fuel savings and maintenance.
I agree...but people of limited means always buy cheap even when the running costs eventually leave them worst off...the ability to take advantage of these economies is also a privilege of wealth...the rich get richer the poor get poorer...but yes, those in the middle who can get access to finance (and government subsidies) are realizing the true benefits of EVs

I agree...but people of limited means always buy cheap even when the running costs eventually leave them worst off...the ability to take advantage of these economies is also a privilege of wealth...the rich get richer the poor get poorer...but yes, those in the middle who can get access to finance (and government subsidies) are realizing the true benefits of EVs
Wow, what i the name of ice cream does this have to do with miles per what.
ORD is Ford the other is ??

• Funny
Reactions: WhiteWi
That's pretty much the reason right there that I haven't yet gone electric. As much as I'd like to, I still see EVs as in the "early adopter" category and I'm probably going to wait another 10 years. By that time, I'm thinking things should progress a lot further than today's standard.

In the meantime, I'll enjoy some ICE with my Coke.

If you are going to "wait 10 years" then why are you on a EV website now? I mean, thats fine and all, but if you actually mean that, there is "less than zero" reason for you to be on a tesla website or any other EV vehicle website. You wouldnt need to start looking into that until approximately 9 years from now, if you are planning on waiting 10 years.

• Funny
As much as I'd like to, I still see EVs as in the "early adopter" category and I'm probably going to wait another 10 years.

I'd suggest there are a significant number of people who could move to an EV, just in terms of battery/range/charging infrastructure (i.e., not factoring in cost). I think there's still some "false anxiety" over the charging process.

I'll be first to admit, I had the same, but once we owned a PHEV (Wrangler 4xe), got a 50a circuit installed (and a 40a EVSE), and I spent time on abetterouteplanner.com and plugshare.com, I realized my use cases were easily handled by a BEV (specifically a Tesla M3P).

Oh, and it's super roomy for the size, has a killer audio system, excellent AWD and is fast as hell (and I've had some extremely quick vehicles).

Status
Not open for further replies.