Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Picked Up MY (White on White) on Thursday

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_2563.jpg
I have picked up my Model Y (White with White Interior). I had a couple of issues (truck hatch didn't fully work and sometimes didn't fully closed, panel gaps on passenger doors on both sides, and tail lights misaligned). My biggest issues that I discovered later on (a few days after delivery) was all wheel wells on every 4 wheels has missing or loosed screws. I made the service appointment originally to fix my initial problems and just updated my appointment to address my new found issues. I thought I went through the list very thoroughly but totally missed the wheel well covering. Owning and driving part of MY is the best experience so far and I'm loving it.

I just need to do tint the front windows and accessorizing MY will be my hobby for the summer. :)

BTW, are those white/gray screws that sticking out on wheel well normal? I haven't seen anything like it from other vehicles. They are on the pictures.

Attachments

• IMG_2536.jpg
    IMG_2536.jpg
    381.5 KB · Views: 165
  • IMG_2555.jpg
    IMG_2555.jpg
    679.2 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_2556.jpg
    IMG_2556.jpg
    514.9 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_2558.jpg
    IMG_2558.jpg
    448.2 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_2559.jpg
    IMG_2559.jpg
    424.2 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_2561.jpg
    IMG_2561.jpg
    314.1 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:
I just changed rubber pads (on break and accelerator pedal) to aftermarket aluminum pads and found that Tesla forgot to put rubber pad for the accelerator. WFT!!! The accelerator pedal was bare metal. I honestly didn't even noticed that and haven't even thought about checking it at the delivery. How many items do we have to check through at the delivery. :(

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Reeler
I just changed rubber pads (on break and accelerator pedal) to aftermarket aluminum pads and found that Tesla forgot to put rubber pad for the accelerator. WFT!!! The accelerator pedal was bare metal. I honestly didn't even noticed that and haven't even thought about checking it at the delivery. How many items do we have to check through at the delivery. :(
I did the same and yes I believe the accelerator comes bare for some reason - it was noted on the install instructions of the aluminum pads I bought. Great looking car! :)

• Love
Reactions: woonhee30093

Only the performance trim levels have a cover on the accelerator

• Informative
Reactions: Dennisis