Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Picked Up My Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

TezlaGranny

Supporting Member
Aug 3, 2020
Boston/Cape Cod
LR AWD, Pearl White Paint, Black Interior
19’’ Gemini Wheels
Full Self-Driving

Ordered on July 21. Picked up on July 29 in Dedham, MA.
Back seats were fine. Really didn’t notice any misalignment. One tiny paint chip and a small scuff mark on front passenger seat. Both resolved quickly. I’m worried that we aren’t eagle-eyed enough.

Ordered hitch on July 22. It has shipped to Dedham so we will return soon for Tesla install.

This is our first Tesla, so hubs and I are still learning—especially how to tweak the beta self-driving capabilities.

Reading up about wrapping and/or paint treatments.

Welcome to the club and the reality is most cars are great. I wish I had a $ for every time someone got in and said wow the fit looks great.

Thank you. Delighted to be here. Glad the Tesla stars aligned for us. So far our MY seems a nice antidote to COVID-19 restrictions which require more driving. It’s quite an adventure. Grateful for the wealth of info here.

Reactions: dhrivnak
Ordering the hitch separately 24 hrs later appears to have been a wonderful move. Enjoy the Y and good luck with the hitch install.

Lucky I think.Hubs did the ordering as a surprise and he didn’t think about a hitch. Grateful that we received the Y so quickly. Fingers crossed for an uneventful and timely hitch install. We were never going to attempt that ourselves.

LR AWD, Pearl White Paint, Black Interior
19’’ Gemini Wheels
Full Self-Driving

Ordered on July 21. Picked up on July 29 in Dedham, MA.
Back seats were fine. Really didn’t notice any misalignment. One tiny paint chip and a small scuff mark on front passenger seat. Both resolved quickly. I’m worried that we aren’t eagle-eyed enough.

Ordered hitch on July 22. It has shipped to Dedham so we will return soon for Tesla install.

This is our first Tesla, so hubs and I are still learning—especially how to tweak the beta self-driving capabilities.

Reading up about wrapping and/or paint treatments.

Congrats! I'm going on a week with my first EV, and it's been a great week of learning, adapting driving habits for one-pedal driving, and figuring out a nightly charging strategy.