Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Picked up new Y on Friday and it still thinks it is at Tesla HQ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I picked up my Y Friday after them being about 35 minutes behind on having the car ready for delivery. I had them install my home link after I took delivery. Well after it was ready the SC was about to close when I picked it up. The map was stuck and shows the car at Tesla HQ not the Fremont plant and the cameras were not calibrating.

I called road side hoping the could resolve it but they had me try all the stuff I had already done like the scroll wheel reset and powering it down for several minutes. They said it probably needed the firmware reloaded. I stopped by the SC the next day before my 250 miles drive home and they tried reloading the firmware with no luck and rebooting the 12v system. They said they would have to pass it to a Tesla engineer and would probably be fixed with a software update in a few days.

Has anyone dealt with something like this before? I am annoyed not having my safety features, cruise control or autopilot working on my new car. I am having doubts this is going to get resolved quickly.

sounds like they didnt transfer ownership to you. When teh car is born and in transit from Fremont - it reached the service center and then upon sale they transfer the car to you and some additional provisioning is done. Sound like you are in limbo and somehow - maybe - they failed toe execute teh transfer....

sounds like they didnt transfer ownership to you. When teh car is born and in transit from Fremont - it reached the service center and then upon sale they transfer the car to you and some additional provisioning is done. Sound like you are in limbo and somehow - maybe - they failed toe execute teh transfer....
Interesting. They had to change me from contactless delivery to contact since the car wasn’t ready on time. They had to manually “deliver” the car to me, but I have access to the car on my app and in my Tesla account.

Sorry to hear you dont have a solution to this strange problem yet. Wish i had a useful suggestion. I have owned a series of Teslas since 2014 and have been on the forums since then and i dont recall ever hearing about such a strange problem. IF i had it i would camp out at the service center - or leave the car there and demand a loaner - until they got it fixed. Of course, for me, the service center is about 3 miles away, not 250! My only suggestion is to search for a relevant thread somewhere on this TMC forum. maybe in the M3 section? or MS section? Similarly, you can review the 'read-only' official Tesla forum, such as: Model S