Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Picked up our new 90D yesterday!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered this amazing machine on July 15th and was told it would take 6-8 weeks to arrive. Apparently Teslas don't often ship across the country from East to West. To literally everyones surprise, the X arrived on August 2nd and we took delivery yesterday after work. This must be some type of Tesla record... I haven't tried autopilot yet but I was already blown away by how well the cruise control worked. On my 45 minute drive home I touchsd the brake and gas pedal less than half a dozen times and most of them weren't really necessary (just me getting used to changing lanes and new lines of vision).

I've named her Indefensible (for any Warren Buffet fans out there). My wife calls her Indy.

I'm looking forward to playing around with all the settings and controls for a few hours as we are heading from Vancouver BC to Victoria BC. For anyone that's sat in the ferry line up at the beginning of a long weekend, you'll know I mean it when I say I'll have a few hours...

Planning to have Indy wrapped next week with xpel stealth. Here's a few pics I took during delivery:

20170803_150433.jpg
20170803_150709.jpg
20170803_163549.jpg

you can tell you're a new Tesla owner when you don't say accelerator. lol! :D

LOL.. Brand new.. I'll have to change my vocab..

Congrats! I get mine in a few weeks. Can you tell me about Xpel stealth?

There is a ton of good info on this site if you search xpel. It's essentially a clear or matte coat that goes over your vehicle to help protect against chips and scratches.. It's warrantied for 10 years and is one of the more expensive options for protection.

Nice. Congrats. But I gotta say, driving around with your kid in the frunk is really not a good idea...

I was planning to put both in there for road trips. Might have to take it back....

• Funny
Reactions: mikes_fsd
Congrats on the new X. Did you get a chance to drive north to try out the Nanaimo Supercharger?

I got the regular XPEL wrap in Vancouver 5 months ago when we picked up our X. I'm glad I had the film for my recent 7000KM California roadtrip because you could see some nicks in the film from road debris that would have chipped the paint.

Reactions: Freedom101
Congrats on the new X. Did you get a chance to drive north to try out the Nanaimo Supercharger?

I got the regular XPEL wrap in Vancouver 5 months ago when we picked up our X. I'm glad I had the film for my recent 7000KM California roadtrip because you could see some nicks in the film from road debris that would have chipped the paint.

Thanks. I didn't get to go to Nanaimo but did stop at the Squamish supercharger on the way back. I was truly amazed at how fast they charge.

Picked up my X today after a full xpel stealth wrap. I'm loving it and will post some picks later tonight.

I got my front side windows tinted, glossy seat backs and full vehicle XPEL coverage for $4700 cash. This was my 7th vehicle tinted and 3rd wrapped at PH Solar in Vancouver, so I got a good deal for being a repeat customer. They kept my X for a full week to allow everything to dry properly, but I could have picked it up after 3 days.